Latest on Garmin Express? (Read 242 times)

pdxmark2

Hi, Eric:

I like the new interface and thanks for all of the development work!

I just wanted to clarify that now that you get your data directly from Garmin Connect, RunningAhead doesn't care how the data gets there int the first place. I know that last summer when I initially installed Garmin Express, it broke the uploads to RunningAhead, so I uninstalled it and went back to just using the ANT+ Agent and Garmin Express.

Of course, the Garmin plugin is no longer being supported by Garmin, and the browers will soon stop supporting it as well, so I just wanted to confirm that as far as you know, if I can install Garmin Express and get it to successfully upload data from my watch to Garmin Connect, it will then import over to RunningAhead?

Thanks!

an amazing likeness

Yes, if you setup the integration link between RunningAhead and Garmin Connect, your activities uploaded the Garmin Connect will auto populate your RunningAhead log.

Per Eric's announcement here:

Garmin Connect Integration

RunningAHEAD is now integrated with Garmin Connect.  If you are uploading your workouts to Garmin Connect and this integration is enabled, Garmin Connect will send a copy of the uploaded workouts to RunningAHEAD.  If you prefer to use Chrome, or have Garmin Express installed and couldn't get Garmin Communicator to work, then this would be your only option to import your workouts automatically.

You can enable Garmin Connect integration by going to Tools -> Applications.  When you click the Connect button, you'll be redirected to Garmin Connect.  After you grant RunningAHEAD access to your data, Garmin Connect will send workouts from the last 30 days to RunningAHEAD.  Make sure you delete any duplicates before saving the workouts into your log.

You can optionally specify how RunningAHEAD should process the workouts by expanding the Preferences section on the Applications page.  They're the same options as GPS import.  You can set them any time.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

pdxmark2

Okay. Thanks, I read that part, and I guess my message above was my attempt to re-state the announcement and make sure I was interpreting it correctly. Sounds like it's okay/recommended to use Garmin Express now.

runbr

How do you get more than 30 days transferred from GC to RA?

eric :)

Hi runbr,

I'm pretty sure there is a way, but Garmin has not published the details about it to it is not possible.

eric Smile

runbr

Dang it! Is there a consolidated page on what others have done, or is this something that will need to be done manually? I hope not. GC is not cutting it for my needs.

susieq

I've tried to upload runs from Garmin Connect to RA but no joy.  I have done what was suggested and enabled RA to sync with Garmin but zilch.  Nothing being uploaded from Connect to RA.

eric :)

I've tried to upload runs from Garmin Connect to RA but no joy.  I have done what was suggested and enabled RA to sync with Garmin but zilch.  Nothing being uploaded from Connect to RA.

Hi susieq,

I looked into your account and find that you have Garmin Connect enabled.  I checked the server logs and there is no record of Garmin ever pushing any of your data to RA.  There are a couple of causes.  The most obvious is have you uploaded any workouts to Garmin Connect?  You can try manually uploading a workout to Garmin Connect and see if it appears in your RA account a few minutes later.  You should also check that Garmin is configured to send data to RA.  Go to your account settings and look under the application section.  You should see RA in there somewhere.

eric Smile