Half Marathon Pace and Tempo pace (Read 281 times)

Julia1971

I was training for this half marathon. The time I decided to enter the race, there was only 7 weeks left. I didn't have enough time to train for a full, so I entered the half. Prior to that, I only ran 10 miles a week since the first marathon in last May, so I didn't have the base to tackle a full this time. I ramp up very fast, from 10  miles per week to 45 miles in 5 weeks. Luckily I didn't get injured this time.

I don't have a plan at the moment. I may think to run a marathon in fall to qualify for the Boston.

Duh!  I didn't realize the half was your goal race.  Very impressive time.  You're obviously doing something right.  (Actually, probably a lot of things right. Smile ).

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I did it in 1:28:20. The average pace was 6:45/mi. The elevation was 1033 ft in total. It was hard at the end, particularly the last 2 miles, It felt like just hill after hill. My first 10k was 41 minutes.

Congrats

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/