Please keep the forums civil! (Read 7487 times)

C-R

Eric, Another refugee from CR/Active. This site is the bomb! That should date me Big grin . All kidding aside, this site is great. The log is perfect for what I need. Thanks for doing this for the running community. I know others have offered their local bill of fare - so if in Indy, I would be happy to throw some corn on the grill with a choice of local beef, chicken or pork (we have some great farms around here) Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I never imagined that life after Cool Running could be Cool. Four weeks ago I was in a panic, trying to access all my data from Cool Running, then trying to work out how to retrieve it and then to send it to Eric. After a few emails to Eric who replied immediately (how often to you get that nowadays) my running log is up and running! (Excuse the pun) All the data came across smoothly except for the shoe log which I’m not too concerned about. I am finding my way around the site and am loving I Well done to Eric and everyone who posted messages of support in what was an unexpected hour of need!
      Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

I am finding my way around the site and am loving I Well done to Eric and everyone who posted messages of support in what was an unexpected hour of need!
        Hi Chris ... welcome from a fellow 'Brit' (Macclesfield). You may want to take a look at the UK Runners group (we need all the help we can get). Good to see your log - where do you do all your racing? Neil UK Smile

Running ... just keep running!

Hi Neil Nice to here from you! You’re a Macc lad then. I presume your talking about my personal records section? When I record a PB for a distance I put it on under race as this records all my PB’s and keeps them in one place
            Eric; This is a great website. Cheers
            ahensh

Hi from Cape Town, South Africa! This site rocks! Please remember that there are many runners on the other side of the world. Thats what make this site special - a love of running no matter what your background! We have some awesome races in this country. Smile Happy New Year to all at RA regards Andrew
              JakeKnight

Hi from Cape Town, South Africa! This site rocks! Please remember that there are many runners on the other side of the world. Thats what make this site special - a love of running no matter what your background! We have some awesome races in this country. Smile Happy New Year to all at RA regards Andrew
                That might be a first - I'm sure if we've got any other South Africans here. Very cool! Welcome. And you do have some amazing races: Comrades is on my must-do-before-death Top 5 list. Oh, and I'm stealing this: "Thats what make this site special - a love of running no matter what your background!" Wink

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                -----------------------------

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Hi, Andrew! Welcome to RA! I got to go to Cape Town in November 2005, and I liked it so much that I will be going back in November 2008! It has to be one of the most beautiful places on the planet. South Africans are so friendly, too! It seemed like people are into exercising and being outdoors more than in the US. When I got home, I told all my friends that they need to visit South Africa. We will be visiting Kruger National Park again - I'm just trying to figure out how to get a long run in when we're in a gated compound each night. I guess I will just make lots of loops next to the fence. I look forward to hearing more from you! Teresa
                  tmarcum

ConfusedWould someone like to help me? I have been trying to put in my runs for the week of Jan 14-20, have put them in at least 3 times, save ever log and they are not being added to my log. What is going on? TM
                    Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

ConfusedWould someone like to help me? I have been trying to put in my runs for the week of Jan 14-20, have put them in at least 3 times, save ever log and they are not being added to my log. What is going on? TM
                      Hi TM ... if you make your log public we could have a look at the problem for you! Wink Neil

Running ... just keep running!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

One mistake that I make sometimes, is that I go make a New Run, type stuff in, then notice that I want a new course, and push the New Course button and add it, and then go back and my workout didn't get saved. The moral is to push the Save button at the bottom as soon as possible after you type stuff in for a new run. You can easily go back in and edit it some more after saving it. You can put the basics in, push the Save button, then make an appropriate course and go back in and add it. Only be careful because it throws away your distance when you change courses, so be sure you first write down the distance on a piece of scrap paper, then change to the right course, then put it back. The Save button is way down on the lower right off-screen.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Papillon1966

I too have been happy being welcomed here, since the Active running logs did nothing for me. I found the transition here from Cool Running easy and the tools more helpful than anything at Active. Thank you for making a new online community for us, and hopefully we won't tread on the toes of those who found this place long ago. Papillon1966

Lisa Boyles

That might be a first - I'm sure if we've got any other South Africans here. Very cool! Welcome. And you do have some amazing races: Comrades is on my must-do-before-death Top 5 list. Oh, and I'm stealing this: "Thats what make this site special - a love of running no matter what your background!" Wink
                            There are quite a few South Africans. I am another one.
                            TrailSurfer

Husband and father of 4

Eric- Thanks for the time, effort and money for have given to this online community. I came here after my wife had been here a while. I am still figuring out somethings, but it has been motivating and a great resource. (I've never really been part of an on-line group.) There seem to be some quality runners and quality people here. Thanks from Southern California.
                              Find the fun.
                                Hey, Just wanted to say that I found this site about an hour ago and I really like the way it's layed-out. I think it's really going to help me out. I broke my foot about 2 months ago and haven't been able to run hardly at all since then. I just started again yeaterday and today, and I found I'm way out of shape and weigh the most I ever have in my life. I figured this would be the best time to start charting my progress. And, hopefully, this site is the best placeSmile