LINSANITY!!! (Read 761 times)

Northern Iowa is a football factory?

If Lin played for the Hornets this wouldnt be nearly the story it is.

Yeah okay I got carried away maybe.

Runners run

If Lin played for the Hornets this wouldnt be nearly the story it is.

Well, even though NY is a major market, I think the story would be similarly "big."  A big part of the story, at least around here, is how poorly the Knicks were playing prior to Linsanity.  Yesterday, the announcer noted that the Knicks are now at 500 (After all that?).  I think the Knicks were about as invisible as the Hornets prior to his arrival. 

I didn't even know this was a national story (okay, kind of dumb of me), until Saturday, when a 68-year old relative visiting from Iowa, who isn't a sports fan, used "Linsanity" in a sentence.  

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I dont follow the NBA really closely. Was catching mentions of Lin but didnt know why he was a story until the middle of last week.

Only hardcore NBA fans would know about Lin at this point if he had turned the Hornets into a .500 team. And part of the reason it is a s big a story as it is, is because of the secondary story of the media's coverage, which wouldnt be where it is if it werent happening in New York.

I do agree that his story is worthy of the attention based on what he has done on the court, being unknown, etc.,etc. I saw some stat that put him right amongst the all time greats in average points for their first 7 starts, or something like that.

There's "Moneyball" in basketball.  

MTA:

There's an opportunity for more Moneyball, too, I guess.

The coach with 3 first names (Mike, Dan, Tony) also sought out the talented Steve Nash, and helped make him great (MVP type), even though he was an all star with his previous team.  Truly, though, the man with 3 names just got lucky with Lin.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Tiefsa

I reserved judgement until I finally saw him play a whole game the other day against the Mavs.  He's good.  There's no doubt about it.  He just has to be a little stronger with the ball (cut down on turnovers).  If he does that, he will be just as good as any point guard in the league.

Why is it sideways?

I thought Linsanity was about this guy:

Ostrich runner

That dude has to be related to the guy in the plaid sweater.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

That dude has to be related to the guy in the plaid sweater.

That's Archie Bunker, right?

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

A Saucy Wench

Nice.   I'm sure her parents are very proud right now

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Doc, my tooth hurts

Nice.   I'm sure her parents are very proud right now

That is one classy lady.

No picture, but on the radio this morning they mentioned a sign a guy was holding up in the stands: "FInally, an Asian that can drive"

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn