Do your running goals change with the seasons? (Read 840 times)

sabershooter

It is true that we do not get that cold here anyway, but last month I did a 16-mile long run in 12 degree weather. I know that's not cold for people up north, but for me it's just right.

Needs more cowbell!

Brrr...I think that's cold enough. Wanna swap locales? I think I'd like the weather in VA--maybe not in the middle of Summer, though. You guys get pretty sultry down there, don't you? k

Kirsten - aka "Auntie Kirsten"

'14 Goals:

• 2 olympic distance duathlons -- 6 days apart -- PR at least 1

• 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)

LydiaT

I'm playing around with the idea of running the Hyannis marathon in February so, I'm definitely planning on staying outside. The cold doesn't bother me much & as long as I can avoid being a speed bump (I run at night) I think I should be able to keep up with the training.
        I would love to know how this marathon is if you run it. I wanted to train for it but I had too much of a let down in training after a marathon in october. I'm not in shape for a marathon now. I'd love to know if this is worth putting on the schedule!
          Frozen Gatorade, with how this winter started, I don't know if I'll have the problem this year. BTW, does anyone know how to solve the problem of frozen Gatorade? A few ice chips in it is no problem, but when it doesn't want to come out of the bottle, it's a problem. I thought of warming it up a bit in the microwave before heading out for long runs on very cold days. - R