Why do you run? (Read 237 times)

thumshaj

If I was regular or good at some sports or games, then running would not motivate me that much. I could practice in a DIY(Do it yourself) manner. Of course, i made several mistakes when I tried to figure out how to train to complete or compete for a certain distance. But it was always a challenge to train and participate some events, and to break the personal bests.

If the personal bests are not possible, then i could attempt for a seasonal goal or something like that.

There is a yearly online team event offered by the organization where I work - https://www.allianzworldrun.com/    It is for 90 day digital event, for each kilometer, employee can contribute to some charity and helps to score for your team(country/division). It is only distance matters not the time. So walking/hiking is possible.

As I had more free time during Corona crisis, I decided the following

• Complete 1000 km in 90 days(includes walking/family hiking)- if possible one of top 10 among the team of around 200 runners
    • To include some quality, some training workouts of a marathon
    • If possible, complete a solo marathon
    • Every week do a family-hiking (3 to 4 hrs)

PRS 10K 00:49:15 HM 1:51:30 FM 4:11:30 

Gizmo2019

I run for all the same reasons everyone stated here. I was never good at sports (coordination, timing, speed), never really Got fit with other exercises. I tried spinning/cycling, weights, gym, gym aerobic classes, martial arts...I got bored of everything even tho I never excelled at any of those. Running accomplished everything.

don’t have to wait on others, can do it anywhere, it’s cheap, there are many variations of goals to set, times to do it, paths to tour.

and the bonus is it tackles EVERYTHING. Untangles my mind, strengthens my WHOLE body (never quite understood cycling?), and I lose weight! I am also astonished at how quickly your body adapts to it and can allow me to go faster..farther, etc.

i like that I can keep going. And I like being alone doing it. I love the middles of my run when it’s all euphoric. I finally found a physical activity that I’m kinda good at. Might not look good but it’s fleeting for onlookers.

im a little obsessed with it

NorNev

Running keeps me from killing people

Gizmo2019

That too

Pavlicus

Spam
            Tar Heel Mom

kween

I started running to beat an ex-girlfriend in a race. Then I found out I like it and I am good at it...

That's interesting. I hate it and I suck at it. But I still do it.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

That's interesting. I hate it and I suck at it. But I still do it.

Yes well soon enough you’ll probably get sick of it and give up. It’s only been what, 30 or 40 years now?

Dave

Because I'm 26 and only have gotten laid three times in my life and A) want my dick to work and B) want to look good naked

if you're tired of starting over then stop giving up!

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Yes well soon enough you’ll probably get sick of it and give up. It’s only been what, 30 or 40 years now?

37 long years

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

robin from maine

Because I'm 26 and only have gotten laid three times in my life and A) want my dick to work and B) want to look good naked

Until the weather gets cold in the morning

Until the weather gets cold in the morning

It just saves money on the jock/cock strap. The XXS costs less than the XXL. Not sure even I would do the Naked 5K cuz I've heard horror stories of guys getting their nuts twisted

keeponrunning

I started cause I was good at it. Now I’m a mid-packer and continue for this reason. People are not exclusive of my students (I’m a piano teacher) or my partner.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

I started cause I was good at it. Now I’m a mid-packer and continue for this reason. People are not exclusive of my students (I’m a piano teacher) or my partner.

How do I not kill the guy in the ford f150 with trump sticker and Confederate flag who yelled fag at me out the window? Would a rock through the rear window be out of line?

cowolter

link spam
                              VIII

For most reasons listed above: lose weight, contemplate life, keep weight off, because not that many people do it, to prove I’m not “ruining my knees”, to prove anyone can do it and it really is not that hard once you start.