Boston Marathon and GPS (Read 1052 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Anybody run Boston Marathon wearing a GPS and upload your data to motionbased.com? I'd love to see the tracing if so.
    mikeymike

No that's never been done before. They confiscate GPS's when you enter the corals. If you run the course on your own with a GPS, the local police of all 8 cities and towns on course are trained to arrest GPS wearers.

Runners run

No that's never been done before. They confiscate GPS's when you enter the corals. If you run the course on your own with a GPS, the local police of all 8 cities and towns on course are trained to arrest GPS wearers.
        Yeah, they tried taking mine. I told them it wasn't a GPS, it was a wrist-tv so I could watch the race while I ran it.
        My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Really? Why? What rationale?
          mikeymike

Really? Why? What rationale?
            The actual Boston Marathon course is considered proprietary and secret and is shrouded in mystery. The course itself lives only in the memories of those who've run it and most of them were so delerious that they can't remember where they were anyway. Okay so, no. Not really. I made that up. Modified to add: Big grin

Runners run

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

The actual Boston Marathon course is considered proprietary and secret and is shrouded in mystery. The course itself lives only in the memories of those who've run it and most of them were so delerious that they can't remember where they were anyway. Okay so, no. Not really. I made that up. Modified to add: Big grin
              That was brilliant Big grin
                ok. here's one of the many times when I can't tell if you're kidding or not. but really? LOL! I don't believe the police part, LOL, but seriously? can you wear your garmin during the race? Blush

Jennifer mm#1231

mikeymike

ok. here's one of the many times when I can't tell if you're kidding or not. but really? LOL! I don't believe the police part, LOL, but seriously? can you wear your garmin during the race? Blush
                  Totally kidding. I don't think there's any rule against GPS at Boston. In fact, a 30-second google search reveals...THIS.

Runners run

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Pervy Warner... nice.
                    Er yeah, I know. Sheesh. Hey, it'd be great if we could do that sort of comparison on this site. Big grin
                    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Mikey, nice post. Check it out now.