Just have to tell somebody... (Read 897 times)

I ran 4.2 miles this morning at a 6:55 pace. Not too fast for most of you, but I haven't run sub-7:00 in years. I turn 40 in October. I guess I woke up having a mid-life crisis and had to see if I still had any gas in the tank. I grabbed my watch and ran for time (rare for me). To tell the truth, it wasn't very difficult. I take it slower these days to avoid injury, but I could easily have done a 10 K at that pace. Maybe a sub-40 for my 40th birthday could still be possible. Thanks for allowing me to brag. Big grin
    Do bears bear? Do bees be?
      That's awesome! Brag away! Yes

Michelle

Run the race God set B4U

That's impressive to me!!! Big grin Way to go!!!!!
        5K's (11), Half Marathon (1), Relay Marathon (1), 15K's (2)
        JakeKnight

Impresses the Tight lipped outta me. In my world, sustained pace under 7:00 always sounds impressive. Nice job for an old guy. And this forum is all about the bragging ...

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------

It must feel great, to be able to turn back the clock. Good job!

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Nice work!

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Great job. I am still dreaming of the day I get back under 7 make that 8. Cool

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

The only sub 7mm running I do is in my dreams. Way to go!!

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

zzz

Nice job!! Congrats!!

Giants Fan

Awesome pace! Keep up the good work!

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

Thanks for everyone's kind replies. One more reason this is the best running site I know of.
                        Do bears bear? Do bees be?
                          Thanks for everyone's kind replies. One more reason this is the best running site I know of.
                          Everyone here can relate to reaching a running goal, no matter what it is. It's nice to hear others getting excited about what they do, and it's great to be able to share in that excitement.

Michelle

Old, Slow, Happy

Nice job Aaron!! Smile No way I can go that fast. I'm impressed!!
                            redleaf

Congrats! nicely done. Smile

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

A Saucy Wench

Awesome! I can maaaaybe hold that pace down to first base Big grin

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7