Any Minnesota residents? (Read 181 times)

jojo61397

I'm visiting from Florida for Christmas (I was born and raised in Minneapolis).  I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a gym or indoor running area (that's relatively inexpensive) that I could use while visiting the Twin Cities?  I will be there less than 10 days, and I will be in the middle of tapering for Goofy Challenge, but I don't want to lose fitness by not running as much, I don't really want to use my parent's treadmill, and I don't want to run outside-- I have lived in sub-tropical FL for the last two years, and I don't want to risk pneumonia by running in below 0 temps.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
    Sub- 1:45 hour half.

cmb4314

The Metrodome is open for running on Tuesday/Thursday nights, but not Christmas day, so while you're there that probably just means the 27th.  

If you're anywhere near Woodbury, the Bielenberg Sports Center has a teeny tiny indoor track (7 laps to a mile) that is open pretty much every morning that week for a couple of hours, other than Christmas day.

I'm sure there have to be other places similar to the one in Woodbury, but I live over in that direction so I don't really know about anything in other parts of the area.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Lots of community centers have indoor tracks that you can use.  Just depends on what part of town you are going to be in...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob