Carmel Valley, CA - Run route suggestions (Read 32 times)

an amazing likeness

Looking for suggestions on routes in the Carmel Valley CA area, specifically W Carmel Valley Rd.  Looks like a lot of trails in google map views...are they technical or morning (mental fog) jog-able?

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Queen of 3rd Place

I like to sometimes do my summer running out there (2.5 hours driving is worth it for 30 - 40 degrees cooler!) The trails are hilly, but it's fairly runnable and the scenery is unbeatable.

For road running, I can't recommend enough that you make the drive over to Monterey. Start north of the aquarium and follow the coastal trail north. That will take you around to Sunset Drive and ultimately you'll intersect with 17 mi drive (something like 4 - 5 miles from the aquarium). That's all flat stuff and is flat-out (haha) gorgeous.  Running along 17 mile drive is also pleasant, although the road is narrow in sections (not much traffic) and there are rolling portions in the westernmost portion near Cypress Point. You can park for free where it meets with Sunset Drive.

Ex runner

an amazing likeness

Thanks Arla, unfortunately...no car, but I'll see what I can beg, borrow. Know anything about running in Garland Ranch Park?

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Queen of 3rd Place

Have not been there, sorry! What a shame to not have a car to explore the area, you there on business?

Ex runner

Arimathea

Tessa

If you're at a hotel on business, or a conference, suggest you talk to the hotel and see if there is any type of shuttle or van. I'm guessing there might be a hotel van to the airport or the aquarium or both.

There's also Monterey-Salinas Transit (http://www.mst.org/)

Carmel Valley Road is on Route 5 which goes into Monterey.There's only one bus an hour, by the looks of it, but that's still a possibility.