International Running Routes (Read 860 times)

KMLMilano

I love this site! Have just discovered it. Am from CT, but have moved to Italy, and would love to chart out running routes here in Milan. Any chance that you add international maps/sites? Am sure I could get it to be used internationally! I am currently pursuing an MBA and have 33 countries represented in my class with several runners among us. I look forward to your feedback. Best Regards, Kathryn Lewis
    eric :)

Hi Kathryn, The maps are provided by Google, so it is some what beyond my control. I can look into other map sources that might provide better international coverage. However, you could switch to use the satellite maps instead of street maps in the dropdown on the toolbar. The images are clear enough to spot cars and buses. The only down side is they don't have street names Sad I'll improve international support in the coming months. Right now, I'm wrapped up with adding more cross training support. ciao! eric Smile
        I can get maps of my area (UK), and that works great, but I can't search for anything else in the area because I don't have a state to put into the search box. I'm delighted with what I can do at the moment, but any extra international support would make my day Big grin Thanks

Hi Helen, The search page does support the UK. Put in the city that you're searching for, and "UK" in the state field, and it will search for maps in that city. There might not be maps in the area, in which case, you get to be the first one to create it. The only catch is that you have to put "UK" in upper case (for now). Please give it a try, and let me know if it works for you. By the way, this applies to the map as well if you want to pan to a city in the UK. eric Smile
            Thanks for that Big grin
              I am probably asking a simple question, but what do i use to search for Canadian routes? Have tried "CA" but i imagine search is looking for a city of toronto in california?

I am probably asking a simple question, but what do i use to search for Canadian routes? Have tried "CA" but i imagine search is looking for a city of toronto in california?
                That's an excellent question, one I don't have an answer for. I'm embarrassed that there is no support for Canada right now. I'll put in a country field so you can search properly. Sorry about that. eric Smile
                  Forgot my manners last time, but just wanted to tell you how great the log already is ( 3rd one i have tried in 2 years).I am a canadian constantly travelling through New England, New York State, and eastern Canada....great to have something to look for running locations. Nice to see there are a few canadians on board....i have been bragging it up to anyone who will listen. Anthony

Forgot my manners last time, but just wanted to tell you how great the log already is ( 3rd one i have tried in 2 years).I am a canadian constantly travelling through New England, New York State, and eastern Canada....great to have something to look for running locations. Nice to see there are a few canadians on board....i have been bragging it up to anyone who will listen. Anthony
                    Anthony, I should be the one apologizing for not creating a more internationally friendly site. Still, I have to start from somewhere. I'll add it as soon as I can. eric Smile
                    SteveB

Eric, I love the web page. Being from Australia, I'm keen to log my own and find others routes. Can you advise me what the conventions are, ie do I put 'Sydney' in the city and 'AS' in the state? If so, I'll fix the entries I've put on today. Steve
                      2009 Goals:
                      Run 6:30 mile (or 6:01 1500m or 10:10 2.4k).
                      Run 6:15 mile (or 5:48 1500m or 9:45 2.4k).
                      Run 6:00 mile (or 5:33 1500m or 9:20 2.4k).
                      Run 5:45 mile (or 5:18 1500m or 8:55 2.4k).
                      2010 Goals:
                      Run 5:30 mile (or 5:05 1500m or 8:30 2.4k).
                      Run 5:15 mile (or 4:54 1500m or 8:10 2.4k).
                      Run a 5 minute mile (or 4:37 1500m or 7:45 2.4k) before 50th birthday (Nov).

Steve, Think of this as YOUR running log. Use whatever convention that makes sense to you. Right now, the city/state fields are for informational purposes only. I'm thinking of ways to make it more world friendly. Until then, just do things your way. eric Smile