Who Inspires You? (Read 994 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Today it's my friend, Luke.  Luke works with my DH and is between chemo and radiation treatments.  He is also a badass cyclist who can ride circles around a whole lot of other badass cyclists.  Today he ran the Chicago Marathon.  I feel like a lazy, pathetic fuck. Blush

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Feeling the growl again

That's really incredible...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The craziest thing is how fresh he looks in his post race photos.  I'm starting to wonder if he's really human. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Julia1971

I ran the Army Ten Miler today.  There were a lot of amputees out there and each one was an inspiration for me today.

Awesome story zoom

Check out this one when you have a sec, 9 min but very worth it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnx-_IqIHfQ&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLB58370C2B00EBB58

And Chrissie Wellington rolled on the finish line yesterday in honor of him

I ran the Army Ten Miler today.  There were a lot of amputees out there and each one was an inspiration for me today.

Very cool, I worked at the VA over the Summer and one of the kids (literally, he was really young), lived in the PT room and is competing in the Marine Corp Marathon on the hand bike since he is a paraplegic

Mrs E40

That is awesome!  It is nice to have friends who are badasses!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Awesome story zoom

Check out this one when you have a sec, 9 min but very worth it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnx-_IqIHfQ&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLB58370C2B00EBB58

And Chrissie Wellington rolled on the finish line yesterday in honor of him

What an amazing story.  I love that people are still rolling in his honor and to bring attention to ALS.  Thanks for posting that.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Very cool, I worked at the VA over the Summer and one of the kids (literally, he was really young), lived in the PT room and is competing in the Marine Corp Marathon on the hand bike since he is a paraplegic

It seems like I see more and more handbikes at races, even relatively small races.  This is a very cool thing.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That is awesome!  It is nice to have friends who are badasses!

It is.  It's the badasses who get us out the door when we have so many weak excuses not to do so.

~ Sarah Kay

Julia1971

I saw a couple of hand bikes, too.  Talk aoout, "I will never quit" - the motto for the race.  It looked pretty exhausting.

What an amazing story.  I love that people are still rolling in his honor and to bring attention to ALS.  Thanks for posting that.

I watched something similar about him before I headed out for my crazy training day, I really had no excuses

Maggie & Molly

What an amazing person. 

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                            Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

I'm starting to wonder if he's really human. Tongue

Hopefully, the cancer is wondering the same thing.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hopefully, the cancer is wondering the same thing.

+1 meellion!!!

~ Sarah Kay