Running or walking for weight (Read 157 times)

fordmart

This is one of the most conversational topics over the globe as these both are one of the best exercises in the world. running for weight loss no doubt have changed the lives of many people where walking for weight loss is now being paid attention. but what made the world change. see it in my next post or if you have any opinions, leave them in comments below

my opinion: run if you can, walk if you must. Or do a little of both if you're somewhere in between. It's also good to do some strength training to combat muscle loss associated with aging -- running/walking alone won't do it.

Prince of Fatness

see it in my next post

I smell spam.

Not at it at all. 

Marylander

I smell spam.

Ditto. Also, to me diet is primary for weight loss anything else is just details.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ditto. Also, to me diet is primary for weight loss anything else is just details.

Ditto to this.  All the exercise in the world doesn't do bupkiss for my weight if I'm still eating crap.  I can lose with rabid attention to diet, even without exercise.  Generally I lose better without exercise, unfortunately, because bonking isn't an issue when I'm mostly sedentary.  Bonking really sucks miles from home.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JPF

I smell spam.

Spam is probably not good for weight loss.

DoppleBock

But oh, so good.

Unless it is computer spam

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

northernman

Fight The Future

I tried to enjoy spam (the edible kind) when I was camping with the Boy Scouts. I couldn't develop the taste for it, but some of them swore by it - fried up and served on hamburger buns. But yes, agree that exercise is not so helpful for weight loss.

Feeling the growl again

I prefer beer for weight.  I have trouble putting it on if I run or walk too much.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

This is one of the most conversational topics over the globe as these both are one of the best exercises in the world. running for weight loss no doubt have changed the lives of many people where walking for weight loss is now being paid attention. but what made the world change. see it in my next post or if you have any opinions, leave them in comments below

Fascinating. May I please send you some money right away?

Marylander

I prefer beer for weight.  I have trouble putting it on if I run or walk too much.

Heh, I had the same problem when I was young and wanting to do centuries on my bike. I put a lot of effort into learning to eat more. Boy do I regret that now. Wink

Why is it sideways?

Heh, I had the same problem when I was young and wanting to do centuries on my bike. I put a lot of effort into learning to eat more. Boy do I regret that now. Wink

So, wait, you thought you were too thin to bike well?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So, wait, you thought you were too thin to bike well?

Friggin' skinny bastid climbers... Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Why is it sideways?

Friggin' skinny bastid climbers... Tongue

Heh.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

No, but it is ever so good fried crispy on soft nutrition less white bread.

steph