Do You Eat Meat? (Read 442 times)

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

I do not eat meat.  I dont eat pudding unless it is dairy free. Persimmons pudding for the win!  I get 90% of my calories from carbs.  Fruit, rice, potatoes.  Mostly fruit.  Never felt better in my life.   I reversed IBS, orthostatic hypertension, depression and anxiety.  I feel happy all day long.  I dont need to drink coffee to wake up.  I'd like to move to a city with public transportation.  I would mostly just walk or run everywhere or take public transportation.  I will keep my ford focus wagon for now.

DoppleBock

My kids and I were talking about what our favorite animals were to eat last night ... It was a close race between #1 and #2 ~ Top 5 are regular part of our diets

1)  Pig

2)  Cow

3)  Chicken

4)  Fish

5)  Turkey

6)  Buffalo

7)  Deer, elk, moose, bear

8)  Pheasant

9)  Grouse

10)  Duck

Bugs - A definate last place finisher

Shoot-em and eat-em !

My belief is God did not put animals on this earth to be our pets, but to serve us with their labor and for food.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

dopplebock, you forgot the ostrich..when i was a meat eater, the ostrich was my favorite.  and why not try snake or alligator or kangaroo ive seen those meats at my local butcher.

DoppleBock

None of those are regularly available where I shop.  Ostrich would be OK.  If someone else fixed snake or alligator I would be willing to try.

I have eaten rabbits and squirrels, but not my favorite.

Today - No meat so far.  Just a little milk with breakfast.  I am looking forward to fish on Friday night and bacon / eggs on Saturday morning.

dopplebock, you forgot the ostrich..when i was a meat eater, the ostrich was my favorite.  and why not try snake or alligator or kangaroo ive seen those meats at my local butcher.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Back in the day, we had easy access to fresh rattlesnake meat.  I'm now a bit sorry I didn't try it.  I'm guessing it's delicious.

#artbydmcbride

Back east in the summer my uncles would catch and cook frog's (legs) for us to eat     Joking

I have tried raw oysters also  Dead

Runners run

BeeRunB

My belief is God did not put animals on this earth to be our pets, but to serve us with their labor and for food.

Everyone hide their yummy, out-of-work dogs and cats—Dopplebock's coming to town...

Smile

p.s. I'm not into the tongue or brains or feet of anything on your list. I've tried, but nothing has struck me so much that I'd have to have it again and again, like pho or bulgolgi.  Since I married my Taiwanese wife, she's taken me on quite a culinary adventure. The Asian world eats almost every part of the animal it seems. Stinky Tofu is about the worst smelling food in existence. That's the only food I've refused to get within twenty feet of.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Back east in the summer my uncles would catch and cook frog's (legs) for us to eat     Joking

I have tried raw oysters also  Dead

I've had frog legs.  Seemed like fishy tasting fried chicken.  I don't get the appeal of raw oysters, 'cause I'm squeamish about eating something that's still alive.

dennrunner

I've had frog legs.  Seemed like fishy tasting fried chicken.  I don't get the appeal of raw oysters, 'cause I'm squeamish about eating something that's still alive.

Could be worse. As in, I'm having an old friend for dinner.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Momma, I hate my brother's guts!

Shut up and eat what's on your plate!

Feeling the growl again

there are about 50-50 bad and good results, but because the researches are funded by the drug companies, so they choose to release good results to promote their products.

Actually far more trials fail ("bad"), but they are not evenly distributed across drugs -- those approved have a far higher rate of generating positive trials.  But negative ("bad") results do not mean a drug does not work, it may mean it did not work in that particular setting or the trial was designed poorly.

But, your information is out-dated.  Most major drug companies post ALL their clinical results on public websites.  I look through them frequently.  This has been the case for a decent number of years.  If you want to know the information, it is there for you.

Another example of why one should not believe everything they hear touted around the internet, to bring it back on topic.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

.  Since I married my Taiwanese wife, she's taken me on quite a culinary adventure. The Asian world eats almost every part of the animal it seems. Stinky Tofu is about the worst smelling food in existence. That's the only food I've refused to get within twenty feet of.

If you think the Taiwanese have an interesting diet....my father-in-law fled North Korea when the Communists invaded.  The dishes they eat there...even before their gov't had them so hungry they would eat their shoes...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

But, your information is out-dated.  Most major drug companies post ALL their clinical results on public websites.  I look through them frequently.  This has been the case for a decent number of years.  If you want to know the information, it is there for you.

That guy did the presentation in 2012. It is not too out-dated. All clinical results may have been published, but media or academic may not write articles about them. No way that the majority of the doctors and the public will know the fact.

5k - 20:56 (09/12), 7k - 28:40 (11/12), 10k trial - 43:08  (03/13), 42:05 (05/13), FM - 3:09:28 (05/13), HM - 1:28:20 (05/14), Failed 10K trial - 6:10/mi for 4mi (08/14), FM - 3:03 (09/14)

DoppleBock

I believe life as in training we should experiement with different ideas.  I would love to take a year and not eat meat or maybe only fish.  Just to see what happens and if life is better or not.  But I am married to a serious red meat eater.  I gave up a few years back fighting about it.  She will eat red meat more than 7 times a week.  I either can nag or fight about it almost every day or I can accept it and let it go.  I eat red meat 0-3 times a week.

Since I married my Taiwanese wife, she's taken me on quite a culinary adventure. The Asian world eats almost every part of the animal it seems. Stinky Tofu is about the worst smelling food in existence. That's the only food I've refused to get within twenty feet of.

Frog legs appeared in my college canteen regularly. We had about 100 dishes to choose.

I had snake once but it didn't really taste anything, so blend and full of bone. I don't know why people keep eating it.

I lived in the town of stinky Tofu for my college years. Every food corner was stinky like shit. I've never tried it.

My grandparents had a very nice dog. A rich neighbor asked if they would sell the dog for his family's dinner. My grandparents refused. 3 weeks later, the dog disappeared.

Chinese (not all) eat everything but tables and airplanes, including dogs, cats and horses. My grandparents told me that they ate tree bark and root during the second world war. Many people in the village died of starvation.

5k - 20:56 (09/12), 7k - 28:40 (11/12), 10k trial - 43:08  (03/13), 42:05 (05/13), FM - 3:09:28 (05/13), HM - 1:28:20 (05/14), Failed 10K trial - 6:10/mi for 4mi (08/14), FM - 3:03 (09/14)