Nutrtition for running. (Read 125 times)

Adjordjevic

What's up fellow runners. I'm a dedicated high school runner hoping to also run college as well. I've always had a problem of what to eat before a race. I'd like to eat as little as I could, although racing on an empty stomach does not work for me. I've always thrown up before during an important race and got disqualified and I fear that happening again. Can anyone give me suggestions of what to eat before a race? Something low on acid so we could avoid that vomit incident. All responses will be much appreciated! I'd like to know what some of you guys eat before races

Why does racing on an empty stomach not work for you?  What's the least that you can eat and still race?  What's the longest time before a race that you can eat?  Can you sneak off somewhere to throw up?  You will need to find what works for you.

Myself, I run short races such as 5K's on an empty stomach.  That way I only dry heave at the end.

I find that bland food like rice 2 hours before is the best solution for me. I can't run well with low blood sugar and I hate the feeling of hunger while running.

But...why are you throwing up *before* the race? Are you nervous/anxious? To me throwing up before you've even started running sounds more like a mental issue?

tomorrow

spam