Tebow... (Read 1233 times)

L Train

seriously?

Yes. I'd much rather watch what those QBs do than what tebow does. Sorry modified from my phone.

Ostrich runner

Is he really idolized more than other home team abs?

Yes. I don't find oaf sports that interesting, so if I know the news, it's been thoroughly memed.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

"run" "2" "eat"

mr train, that's odd... you don't look homogenitarian.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

"NFL spokesman Greg Aiello confirmed Tuesday that [the Steelers-Broncos contest] was the most-watched game of season, the most-watched wild-card game of all time (with 42.4 million viewers) and the most-watched TV program since last February's Super Bowl XLV."

Lemmings responding to the hype, or people legitimately interested in a freaking wild-card game?

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

zonykel

"NFL spokesman Greg Aiello confirmed Tuesday that [the Steelers-Broncos contest] was the most-watched game of season, the most-watched wild-card game of all time (with 42.4 million viewers) and the most-watched TV program since last February's Super Bowl XLV."

Lemmings responding to the hype, or people legitimately interested in a freaking wild-card game?

I watched all 4 of the wild card games... does that make me more of a lemming?? :-)

This....

I do not idolize him, but I do idolize the one Tebow idolizes.   

And some John 15:

18 “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. 20 Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also."

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

http://media.pollposition.com.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/Poll-Position-crosstabs-divine-intervention.pdf

apparently a slim majority of people who know who Tim Teebow is believes that there is divine intervention helping the Broncos. 

Menace to Sobriety

http://media.pollposition.com.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/Poll-Position-crosstabs-divine-intervention.pdf

apparently a slim majority of people who know who Tim Teebow is believes that there is divine intervention helping the Broncos. 

It's interesting that when no other explanation is available, that many people go with the supernatural option.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

God wanted the 2010-2011 Green Bay Packers to go from an 8-6 banged up team on the verge of elimination to become an invincible force.  God wanted the 2011 St. Louis Cardinals to come back from being barely over .500 and 8 games out in September to go on to win the whole thing. 

It's the only logical explaination.  We really ARE made in the image of god.  We care far more about sports than we should.

With the level of ironic idolatry Tebow gets, it's only a matter of time before a molested kid comes forward.

Really beef?

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Man, I want to hate him so bad, but he seems like a really nice and intelligent guy!

Another article about him.

I fall more on the side of Zoomy's link, and don't really take to demonstrative displays of faith, aka Tebowing, but I work with a number of evangelical Christians, and have to say that on the whole, they really are sincerely trying to do good for the world; helping the homeless, adopting third-world orphans, etc.

I had practically no interest in Tebow until this thread.

Top 'O the World!

Wow! This is stunningly & strangely entertaining.....Think I'll go run around the neighborhood now....

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

A Saucy Wench

So according to ESPN this morning Tebow is a superhero and anyone who doesnt like him is a member of the evil underground.  

SWEET.  I need to change my signature from Captain Hammer to Dr. Horrible.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Feeling the growl again

We care far more about sports than we should.

You can say that again and, with my help, you just did.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

TRC

So according to ESPN this morning Tebow is a superhero and anyone who doesnt like him is a member of the evil underground.  

Congratulations you nailed this one!!