Al Gore Please Bring your Global Warming to Ohio (Read 684 times)

Dear Al Gore -I went running this morning. It was zero degrees when I left. The weather channel tell me it feels like Minus 18 degrees. My moustach is frozen solid and my nike's are like cement. Thanks for the sun. It looks beautiful outside but I was only able to go two miles. Al Gore we need global warming here! Please bring it on.
      If this were to be a petition, I would sign it. Right now at 9:23 AM the thermometer reads...- (Yes NEGATIVE) 20 degrees F!!! Shocked
      Kate ;) "The pain of regret is greater than the pain of self discipline."
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

1ยบ with -15 windchill...brrr... k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

LydiaT

Nh feels tropical by comparison 19 degrees and sunny. Supposedly the windchill makes it feel like 6 degrees but actually it feels great!
            14:20 (2:20 pm) 15* wind from the west at 20 mph wind-chill -1* BTW algore and the rest of the global warming goons will telll you that weather is NOT climate.

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

I just saw Al and Tipper down at the Rock in Roll Hall of fame. They were putting parental warning stickers on all the exhibits.
              Just Jeff

There is some " truth" to your comments. This cold is "inconvenient," isn't it?
                  As much as the wind and cold disrupts my running, I'm trying to enjoy it. Summers in SW Oklahoma are long, hot and dry. "Al Gore we need global warming here! Please bring it on." You could stand out in the yard spraying a can of hairspray to hurry it along. Wink Mike
                    Mix more oil in your snow blower!! Actually my mechanic recomends that. My snow blower's manual says 50:1. My mechanic says 32:1. Makes more smoke but the extra oil adds life to the engine!! Now if you really want to PO algore make the mistake of putting bar oil in the fuel tank of a chainsaw!!! Wink LA smog machine once you get it started on hte correct fuel mix Yes Don't ask!!! Major brain fart!! Surprised

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Why is it sideways?

Al Gore is definitely laughable; global warming, not so much. http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/articles/061120fa_fact3 BTW, if we appreciate the civility of this message board, it might be best to stay away from inflammatory political comments...like calling climate geologists "goons." But then again maybe I'm just a dirty hippie.
                        Al Gore is definitely laughable; global warming, not so much. http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/articles/061120fa_fact3 BTW, if we appreciate the civility of this message board, it might be best to stay away from inflammatory political comments...like calling climate geologists "goons." But then again maybe I'm just a dirty hippie.
                        I just got off a political message board where I had been debating this issue. I need to count to 10 s l o w l y before responding on this issue. I am still trying to get an answer as to how come Mars Jupiter and Saturn are also warming? Who is driving their SUVs up there? And why can't I go to?

Why is it sideways?

I need to count to 10 s l o w l y before responding on this issue.
                          Me too. Seems like we've got at least one thing in common! Wink Cheers!

Dog-Love

I love that article on pteropods. I think the acidification of the ocean is going to bring major changes to animals as we know them. This is actually really interesting for those that like the subject of evolution. Count to 10 with me now...OK now we as runners love our bones and bones are a great adaptation for surviving in an acidic environment (They are made of calcium phosphate amongst other things), When muscles contract, the tissue produces a lot of hydrogen ions which produce decreases in pH. If we were made of calcium carbonate (like pteropods, crabs, clams and lots of marine creatures except fish) we would dissolve in the presence of hydrogen ions. And we couldn't run. Well increased carbon dioxide is changing the levels of hydrogen ions in the water and little animals that most of us don't really care about (except crabs because we eat them) are dissolving. OK I am only going to run now. And I am only going to talk about running! How "bout those Colts!
                            Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                              The Colts? My GAWD that first play almost put me a grave! But they never let that panic them and took complete control in the second half!!! There are STILL lines at sporting stores to get Colts shirts etc!! Some waiting an HOUR in the CHECKOUT line!