Completed my first half marathon (Read 1725 times)

wewon

This is a bit late, since it happened on May 15th, but I completed the Rite Aide Cleveland 1/2 marathon @ 2:31..with no injuries, sprained ankles or chaffed nipples.

I was totally nervous up until the day of the race but actually felt relaxed that morning. 

With all of the people and the energy going, my run actually felt more smooth than my training runs.

The people there were great!  I totally love runners, they're the coolest athletes!

But I wish that someone would have told me about the shivers and drop in core body temp that happens about 60 seconds after you cross the finish line.  LOL!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats.Half way home in your training for a fall marathon! Cool

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Clay, I disagree. 

I have been in training for the HM all year and I would place my preparedness for the marathon at somewhere between Are You Kidding Me? and No Flocking Way. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Loves the outdoors

Clay, I disagree. 

I have been in training for the HM all year and I would place my preparedness for the marathon at somewhere between Are You Kidding Me? and No Flocking Way. 

+1000!

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.

I look my best blurry!

Clay, I disagree. 

He! He! He!  I just had to say that made me laugh.  

I ran my first half marathon 2 weeks after my first 5K.  I had never run further than 6-7 miles and that was the day after the 5K.  I ran the half pretty well but I was near death afterwards!  WARNING!  A half to a full is an even bigger jump!  Congrats on your accomplishment!  

BeeRunB

This is a bit late, since it happened on May 15th, but I completed the Rite Aide Cleveland 1/2 marathon @ 2:31..with no injuries, sprained ankles or chaffed nipples.

I was totally nervous up until the day of the race but actually felt relaxed that morning. 

With all of the people and the energy going, my run actually felt more smooth than my training runs.

The people there were great!  I totally love runners, they're the coolest athletes!

But I wish that someone would have told me about the shivers and drop in core body temp that happens about 60 seconds after you cross the finish line.  LOL!

Congratulations. Awesome accomplishment. Be prepared for the "you're half crazy" comments from non-runners and know that you know that they don't know the thing that you know: how alive it makes you feel. Keep going!Cool

--Jimmy

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Clay, I disagree. 

NaderAlfie and nzrun each of you are on pace for 2000 miles. You only need the 3 - 20 miles.

NadreAlfie's marathons

10/17/2010

Baystate Marathon

Race 26.2 mi 3:36:00 8:15 3071
                9/26/2009

The Hamptons Marathon

Race 26.2 mi 4:05:06 9:22 313

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Am I doing this right?

Congrats!  That's good time for your first.  Now you have something to shoot for on your 2nd.

No excuses....

wewon:  great job on your successful HM!!    now, one more thing you need to do-change your name from wewon to iwon just like wannaberunner needs to change her name to iamarunner (better still:   iamafastrunner)

congrats again on your 1st HM!

keeponrunning

Congratulations. Awesome accomplishment. Be prepared for the "you're half crazy" comments from non-runners and know that you know that they don't know the thing that you know: how alive it makes you feel. Keep going!Cool

--Jimmy

You're only half crazy?  I've been informed I'm fully crazy!

Congrats Wewon!  Smile

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

First congratulations! That's an awesome accomplishment!

Clay, I disagree. 

+3000 at my slow jogging pace most marathons don't keep the course open long enough for me to finish nor would the water stops still have water by the time I got there (had that happen on halves already! LOL) - not that my cardiologist would clear me for a full marathon anyway!

bob e v
                        2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.