weight training sites (Read 1595 times)

Does anyone know of a web site simular to this one which is more dedicated to weight trianing? Thanks.
      For forum or log for tracking your workouts or both? I personally don't know of any. You might want to hit up the muscle magazine sites.

Vim

For the forums, I like John Stone Fitness. No idea about logs.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Rynamite

wannabebigforums.com has a lot of great information. I used to spend a lot of time there.
          corland

RA works great for logging weight training workouts. It stores all of your exercises which makes entering new workouts a snap. lots of info here: forum.bodybuilding.com

dork.major dork.

For women: I also love stumptuous.com ... it's not a log site, but she has fabulous ideas, good lift advice, and a smart feminist sense of humor. Big grin

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Slow-smooth-fast

RA works great for logging weight training workouts. It stores all of your exercises which makes entering new workouts a snap. lots of info here: forum.bodybuilding.com
                This is the best one there is. Also I use muscletalk.co.uk

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Cashmason

95% of what is on stumptuous is good for men too. Krista does have a fun sense of humor. T-nation is a pretty hard corp lifting site with forums. The are sponsored by a supplement manufacturer, so expect lots of ads. And lots of girls in skimpy clothes to appeal to the muscle heads. But the info in their articles and most of the forums on lifting areis solid. ExRx.com is also a great site for learning which lifts to do to build which muscles.
                  Hyperspeed25

Some valuable resources for strength training and cardiovascular conditioning. www.exrx.net/Beginning.html www.nsca-lift.org/perform/backissues.asp www.fitnesssports.com/Strengthtraing.html www.myspace.com/joshuagordon That should keep you busy for awhile. Smile
                    UpNorth

I keep my log over at http://forums.jpfitness.com Its a smart and respectful group of folks over there... and even a handful of runners.
                        I don't know of any forums, but the very best strength-training sites I've found are: Krista Clark's Stumptuous site. It's unquestionably the best women's strength training site, but offers great general advice. Clarence Bass's Web site. Clarence is a 70-year-old lifelong strength trainer (former Mr. Over 40 bodybuilding champion) who's very generous with advice. I've read a couple of his books, and the main idea I've derived from them is proper scheduling. Clarence believes in high-intensity training just once a week, and doing the same routine just twice a month. The first month is for endurance (20 reps each exercise), the second for combined endurance-strength (12 reps), the third month is for strength (5 reps). All after warmup, of course. I created some charting docs in Word and PDF that I placed on my Web site (follow the archive link, then see bottom of second column). I've had enormous good experiences with this system - I'm 65, and I'm making MUCH better progress than I ever did, training hard 2-4 times a week. Exception: lower-body-only prep for mountain ultras (see the "First 50" article on my site). Oh, there's a rather focused strength training forum on Pavel Tsatsouline's Web site. Pavel is the Russian kettlebell guy.
                          For women: I also love stumptuous.com ... it's not a log site, but she has fabulous ideas, good lift advice, and a smart feminist sense of humor. Big grin
                          Krista is the greatest. She is very smart (Univ. of Toronto professor) and funny. Also, not at all guy-unfriendly despite the definite feminist grrls-get-strong leitmotif. (She used an article of mine, and last I checked I was a guy, albeit a very old one.)
                            crossfit.com for some new, interesting ways to look at working out
                            I run...then walk... then run some more.