"THAT" song (Read 821 times)

MODIFIED TO ADD: This is probably a "girl" thing.... I have my ipod plugged into my computer and my "THAT" song just came on and made me stop what I was working on and put a smile right on my face, as it does each time I hear it. It's like an instant trip down memory lane, such a good feeling. Don't laugh, the song is - On the Dark Side - by John Cafferty & the Beaver Brown Band (from the movie Eddie and the Cruisers) - brings me back to the summer of 1986 - Lake Laurie Campground, Cape May NJ. Lots of fun, a little bit of trouble, the smell of campfires every night, no worries. I was wondering what song is "THAT" song for everyone here...anyone care to share?

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Baby Got Back. No joke. I LOVE that song...always have. No matter how chubby or downright overweight I have been that song makes me feel not-so-bad about my bod and makes me envy skinny-minis a bit less. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

TOO many lol I'll have to narrow it down.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

It isn't just a "girl" thing... I hope. Maybe I'm getting in touch with my "feminine side?" Pretty much any song by "Live" off the "Mental Jewelry" album conjures a myriad of memories from the early 90's. One song in particular, "You are the World", brings specific and very powerful thoughts to mind. There are several "that" songs I listen to on the iShuffle when running. But they tend to be "harder" tunes from bands like "Tool", "NIN", "System of a Down" etc. Hmm, think I'll listen to "Live" right now! Smile
          JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

I got to go with Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off and Redneck Yacht Club as two of the songs that make me smile and laugh. Too many memories that go along with both that come flashing back. They both take me back to the summers and campfires as well; houseboats and cabins! Fun! modified to add: the tequila song also gives a good reminder of why I need to KEEP running! hah!
            "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Baby Got Back.
              If you can't crack a smile when you hear that song, you need a serious attitude adjustment. My #2 favorite song to do Karaoke to. Tongue ------------------------------------- It's definitely not a girl thing. I think for all of us there's a soundtrack that accompanies our lives -- the music we listen to becomes inextricably wound around the fabric of of our memories in the same way that certain smells, tastes, sounds, and sights do. I can't say that I have one "THAT" song -- I probably have hundreds, many tied to a specific time and place in my life. But I'll tell you the first one that came to mind: "Where the Streets Have No Name" by U2. I wasn't into U2 when this came out in '87, but by the early 90's I was sold. This song, like most of the "Joshua Tree" album, has a big wide open sound, and it absolutely ripples with anticipation. My most specific memory of the song is ~ 1994 cruising out of LA in a jeep with some friends, driving towards the actual Joshua Tree National Monument. We were listening to Red Hot Chili Peppers, which was cool, but I suggested we ought to be listening to "Joshua Tree" since that's where we were heading. Fortunately, someone had the cassette with them. It seemed absolutely appropriate for the boundless American West. To me, the song conjures up a time in my life (early 20's), that was filled with endless possibility, crackling with probability, teeming with excitement for what was next, no matter what it was. Cheers, Jeff

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

If you can't crack a smile when you hear that song, you need a serious attitude adjustment. My #2 favorite song to do Karaoke to. Tongue
                What's your first?
                "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
                jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

What's your first?
                  Heh. First is "I Can't Get Next To You" by the Temptations. It's fun to try to sing all four different vocal parts (not simultaneously), yet it's just wacky-sounding enough that I don't get taken seriously (which is kind of the point of Karaoke, I suppose).

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

um. It'd have to be "Black Velvet"..and I remember getting into the bar at age 19 by batting my eyelashes, the hot bouncer named Aaron and dirty dancing to that song after a couple long island ice teas. Blush Actually, it's the memory of the dirty dancing...he was hot a great dancer. Embarrassed

Jennifer mm#1231

My current "THAT SONG" is One Voice by The Wailin' Jennys. Pure magic. Stops me in my tracks, lifts up my head, runs angels through my mind and shivers down my spine.
                        Baby Got Back.
                        Cool! I keep getting two songs confused - G.Love's song "Special Sauce" and Baby Got Back...In G.Love's song there is the line of "my baby's got sauce", so now I can't get that beat out of my head to think of the other one!

Michelle

Pretty much any song by "Live" off the "Mental Jewelry" album
                          My favorite Live song is from the album Throwing Copper. It's an untitled song - chorus is something like: She road a horse into my head, she road a horse into my head, yeah, she won't discipline her children, and now they're running wild on the beach, and I don't care, no, I don't care. Have you heard it before?

Michelle

I got to go with Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off and Redneck Yacht Club as
                            Fun songs!! I'm a total country girl at heart. 60% of my 252 songs on my ipod shuffle are country.

Michelle

um. It'd have to be "Black Velvet"..and I remember getting into the bar at age 19 by batting my eyelashes, the hot bouncer named Aaron and dirty dancing to that song after a couple long island ice teas. Blush Actually, it's the memory of the dirty dancing...he was hot a great dancer. Embarrassed
                              NICE. That song is one that I have to turn up the volume for anyhow, but ...Now I'll have to picture a hot great dancing bouncer when I hear that song! Wink

Michelle

My favorite Live song is from the album Throwing Copper. It's an untitled song - chorus is something like: She road a horse into my head, she road a horse into my head, yeah, she won't discipline her children, and now they're running wild on the beach, and I don't care, no, I don't care. Have you heard it before?
                                Yes! Nice, mellow tune. Here are all the lyrics:
                                all the things that they make you say and all of the love that you hide away I'll pick you up and it will be all right I'll pick you up and it will be tonight she rode a horse into my head she won't discipline the children and now they're running wild on the beach and I don't care oh, I don't care no I don't care hey, hey, hey it's the middle of the night and you're here playing dominoes and drinking beer I tried to think of something deep to say but my well is dripping dry today, hey hey, hey, hey
                                You can hear an excerpt here: Live - Horse