Best movie scene (last year) (Read 442 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Too many to choose from unless we limit it to 2007. My vote is for the Pit.Bull.Chasing.Guy.In.The.River from No Country for Old Men. Damn.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Jill_B

I fly.

I just saw Juno (today, actually), it was great! And lots of running in it too.

Bring it on.

The Greatest of All Time

Juno was great, Michael Clayton was great....I can't think of one specific scene that I would categorize as the 'best'. I do, however, have one scene to nominate for "Most disturbing scene of 2007"....The Bath House scene in Eastern Promises.......that was hard to watch.
        all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I cannot wait until DS is a little older and we can see every nominated film, again. Sad

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Atonement 5-minute tracking shot on the beaches of Dunkirk was pretty jaw-dropping just for cinematographic value.
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We were actually bummed that Transformers lost out to the Bourne movie in 2-3 visual/sound categories...but I really thought both were excellent in their categories. It just would have been funny for a Summer blockbuster "kids" movie to be able to claim Oscars.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Looking gooooood ;p

Also that was the sound guy's 20th nomination without ever winning.... ...I think he will be disappointed if he does actually win one day Wink
                The best route to run is one which takes you furthest from the staff canteen....