Twitter Integration (Read 1565 times)

I know there was some talk about this awhile back, but I am not sure I have seen any comments since.  I love the Facebook integration and was wondering if a similar Twitter app is feasible/possible/planned?  Thanks
    JoeInTX

That would be cool, I'd go for that too! 
      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Yeah, something simple, like a checkbox that says "Tweet this" on the workout entry page, so that the tweet gets sent when you are done entering the workout in. Or maybe a Tweet button next to the workouts on the workout list.  The tweet could automatically say something like:

Ran 6.25 miles in 45:23 (via http://www.runningAhead.com)  http://bit.ly/abcde

where the shortened URL is a link to the workout.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

eric :)

I can probably add this pretty quickly.  You'll have to decide how you want the tweets.  What Jeff suggested is pretty good.  Any other ideas?

Imminent Catastrophe

I'd like to be able to subscribe to a topic so I'd get a tweet when someone replies to it. Of course that could be a lot with some very active threads

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

slilley

I think Jeff has the right idea - notifying your followers of your runs and also giving RunningAhead.com more exposure.
              jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

It would be nice to have it be optional to have an automatic tweet when a workout is uploaded/entered.  It would also be cool to have to ability to tweet a workout manually.

I say optional because although I would like the auto feature, I wouldn't always use it.  For example, when loggin race day, I would want to tweet the race, but probably not the warm up or cool down.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

not the warm up or cool down.

You apparently don't "get" Twitter.

Most Excellent.  I think Jeff's idea is great too.  Keeps it short still includes a 'Running Ahead' link.  If it were possible to have an option to include the type of run too, that would be cool.  TWITTERNAME ran a X.X MILE RUNTYPE in RUNTIME via Running Ahead.com LINK TO WORKOUT.

I know a lot of twitter friends that once they see this type functionality will want to be part of RA - and quit wasting time posting links to the Nike foot Pod tracking thinggie...  

I can probably add this pretty quickly.  You'll have to decide how you want the tweets.  What Jeff suggested is pretty good.  Any other ideas?

Just knock off what DailyMile does:

Ran [DISTANCE] in [TIME]. [NOTES] (which could be shortened and linked to workout url)

Go to http://certainintelligence.blogspot.com for my blog.

twittyRUN

Love to see a short and simple Twitter note like was suggested, but include the "pace". That's better than total time, in my opinion. Or, let the user pick what variables to post!

Hey Eric, 

Just checking to see if you were still considering this?  Thanks much..

eric :)

Yup, I'll be working on this.  I can't do it right now because I'm still working on the next release.  I'll probably do it after that, and it'll be similar to something Marcus suggested.
                              Yup, I'll be working on this.  I can't do it right now because I'm still working on the next release.  I'll probably do it after that, and it'll be similar to something Marcus suggested.

Sweet... You da' man

Just knock off what DailyMile does:

Ran [DISTANCE] in [TIME]. [NOTES] (which could be shortened and linked to workout url)

Not that you haven't considered this, but make sure the "Ran" field is also variable, to include "Biked" or "weight lifted" etc for the different workout types. I know you knew that, just wanted to get it out there.