10k and HM during Marathon Training? (Read 37 times)

One plan I've looked at has a 10k and HM race in the 18 week plan...

I'm wondering if you want to run your fastest possible Marathon, do these races take away from your marathon training?

300m- 37 sec.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I've found including races as part of my training for a goal race, be it a marathon or other distance helps get me in the proper frame of mind for racing.  From a scheduling standpoint I treat them as hard tempo runs needing a little more recovery, but I do put in a full race effort.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

CalBears

all respectable training plans have tune-up races - 10Ks or HMs - race them fast but not hard - there is no doubt tune up races are very beneficial to your marathon training.

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

Running Problem

Problem Child

The races are more of an assessment of your progress along the way. If you want to run a 3:30 marathon a 10k and a half marathon would be a good test along the way to find out if your training is going well, or if you're more of a 3:45 runner. It is possible to run the 10k and get new training paces if training is going well, and if the half marathon goes well you could also increase your goal. The races are also a great opportunity to practice eating and drinking what you'll have on your marathon day. Including meals before the race if you have stomach issues sometimes.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

James jon

i might say that you simply can go on https://www.a-writer.com/custom-essay-writing/ wherever you search on new things concerning study material and may find a lot of things relevant in keeping with your interest although and you'll be able to higher find the necessity which may an expert fulfill it.