2016 Holiday Running Streak (Read 351 times)

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Still in! Learning a ton. Enjoying reading the posts. FSBD, thanks for the quotes -  a lot of work to do that every day! --Christine

FSBD

Day 17 go out there and make it happen.

“You don’t always get what you wish for, you get what you work for.”

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

Christirei

I might print that quote out and tape it to my bathroom mirror

Half Fanatic #846

I had to do a mile last night before midnight to keep the streak alive (currently, it's day 29 for me).  At the closed gym at work with my work clothes and shoes on, too.  Fortunately the lighting was dim and there was no one else around!    

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Day 22 and I PR'ed in a 5k. Running every day doesn't seem to be hurting me.

Great job!!  Congratulations.

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Great job!!  Congratulations.

Thanks. Smile

I was also 1st in AG. It was a small race, but I'll take it.

Zelanie

Congrats, stealth!  Teresa, good to see you back on the wagon!

I was hesitant to commit to a streak, even with an active one going, because I had a marathon last weekend.  But since I'm a week out and the streak is still alive, I'm in.  Finally. :P  No mileage goal for December, priority is still recovery.

oldrunner59

Way to go! Careful if you keep running PRs you'll be streaking forever Smile

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Way to go! Careful if you keep running PRs you'll be streaking forever Smile

I have another 5k next Saturday. Smile

Zelanie

I have another 5k next Saturday. Smile

Racing season down there must be different than up here. Smile

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Racing season down there must be different than up here. Smile

This is Florida.  Not too many races here in the summer, and here summer is at least 7 months long.

Joann Y

Nice!

doctorjen

My job is apparently trying to kill me, but I'm pushing back.  Called out 2 nights in a row (Thursday and Friday) and working both weekend days (so today is day 7 of 12 in row). Friday and Saturday I did just 2 miles on the treadmill while half asleep. I intended to do a more normal run this am, but just couldn't wake up. Finally got up with enough time to do 3 1/2 miles.  But the streak is alive!  And I have a little more pep at work today. Crossing my fingers that I don't get called out tonight as I'm off call at 0700 tomorrow. I have a bunch of miles to make up to meet my mileage goal.

Intentionally Blank

Still in, though I won't make my mileage goal. A lot going on. I did Rocket City marathon on Saturday, and a very painful 2 miles today.