Woo Hoo! I'm Back (Read 884 times)

Outside Lane

Been battling PF for a few months ... but feeling much better and ran 3 TIMES THIS WEEK!  Getting back to the routine - and will try to continue to run a bit more each week.  Just rested for several weeks and started wearing inserts in my shoes - thankful to be feeling pretty pain free.  Beautiful sunny day in the Midwest - and a nice run this morning - it is so good to be back!

See how they run...

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Welcome back.  Glad to hear the pain's gone.

As a beatlemaniac, are you excited about 9-9-09?

• Beatles Rock Band
      • The remastered catalog

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Outside Lane

As a beatlemaniac, are you excited about 9-9-09?

• Beatles Rock Band
        • The remastered catalog

I saw the video opening for the Rock Band thing - looked pretty cool - but I think the whole Guitar Hero/Rock Band thing peaked before the Beatles jumped on-board. 

It will be interesting to hear how the "remastered" catalog sounds - but I think I have dropped enough coin over the years on the same songs.  If it's on iTunes, I would probably be more likely to buy some of the songs - maybe that will happen? 

I would pay to take my kids to see McCartney if he comes by this area again.

See how they run...

joescott

Congratulations on your comeback!!  I definitely understand how good that feels.  May your good health hold for a long time to come! 

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Outside Lane

Actually still trying to get back.  Plantar F has been killing me in my left foot for several months now. 

But I hadn't run since end of June and decided to get out today.  Did 4 miles and felt good.  I think I need to just run though it.  I miss running so much - feel so dragged out each day. 

Going to give it a go and get some new shoes.  I am wondering if my problem was just my last pair of shoes.  The guy at the store had fitted me a size larger and I always felt like I my foot was shifting around in the shoe. 

It's been about 250+ on this pair so time to try to something new and get back into it.  What's a good motion control/stability shoe that's out now?  I am somewhat flat-footed - about 185 lbs.  6' 1".

See how they run...

Outside Lane

Ran again today - only 2.5 miles - but I did get out there.  Going to try to run a couple more times this week (at least). 

See how they run...