October is my first 100+ mile month (Read 777 times)

Congrats! I am going to hit 80, later today. That will be my highest to date. I want to maintain that through the winter, and then work up to 100/month in the spring. When I look back at 30 mile months earlier in the year, I'm pretty happy with 80, though.

"I aim to misbehave."

theyapper

On the road again...

Not even close. I need a 3:20. Not sure how I drop another 20 minutes off that effort. I know the prescription though. More miles, mostly easy, sometimes hard Wink
      That and age. Getting that extra 10 minutes helps. I figure at that rate I can BQ somewhere around age 60. Shocked

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Lazy idiot

Paul, congratulations! I know (from hitting the same milestone on the same date), that this is a big deal. I'll be looking forward to bigger and better things from you. Big grin

Tick tock

My legs are killing me

Way to go Paul! Be carefull though, this running sickness only gets worse.
            Way to work yapper, keep wearing those shoes down.

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

theyapper

On the road again...

Thanks, again. Looks like quite a few of us here are enjoying the same milestone this month. Glad to be a part of the progress.

Paul

Congratulations. Good stuff.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

That and age. Getting that extra 10 minutes helps. I figure at that rate I can BQ somewhere around age 60. Shocked
                  HEY -- that's my plan.......BQ at age 60 (unfortunately its sooner then I want it to be)....

Champions are made when no one is watching

De-slacking in progress

Thanks, again. Looks like quite a few of us here are enjoying the same milestone this month. Glad to be a part of the progress.
                    Thanks a lot- I being hanging at 20 mpw for the last 4 weeks or so. After i read your post, I looked to see my monthly mileage. Hey- if I run on my day off on Friday I too can hit 100 for the month. You just cost me my day off from running Smile Let you know if I make it- only 10 more miles

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

and may there be many more such months.
                      I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
                      theyapper

On the road again...

Thanks a lot- I being hanging at 20 mpw for the last 4 weeks or so. After i read your post, I looked to see my monthly mileage. Hey- if I run on my day off on Friday I too can hit 100 for the month. You just cost me my day off from running Smile Let you know if I make it- only 10 more miles
                        Glad I could help. Roll eyes

Paul

redleaf

I am in awe! Congrats. That is quite an accomplishment.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

theyapper

On the road again...

I am in awe! Congrats. That is quite an accomplishment.
                            You're making some good progress, red. Keep slowly building your base and I bet first of 09 you nail a 100 mile month, too.

Paul

Another Passion

Congratulations, Paul! Hopefully the start of many, many more to come.

Rick
                              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                              runningforcassy.blogspot.com

That's a great milestone! Congrats to you and everyone else who hit it this month Smile Love that you are out there running with your family!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                                Thyroid Support Group