Cup Size (Read 1097 times)

budget3

A quick question...does anyone know for sure what size, and more important, how much is in them, the cups used at Boston are ? Thanks

Marathon Maniac #3309

Shoot, I thought this was going to be about bras Shocked

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Shoot, I thought this was going to be about bras Shocked
        hahaha, so did I.
        "Some people create with words or with music or with a brush and paints. I like to make something beautiful when I run. I like to make people stop and say, 'I've never seen anyone run like that before.' It's more than just a race, it's a style. It's doing something better than anyone else. It's being creative." - prefontaine
          Boston is still just a dream for me so I can't help but I can wish you the best of luck. And yes I'm ashamed to admit I'm just another RA perv looking for a "cup runneth over" pic or two. I hope Jake's dogs don't open this thread.

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

#artbydmcbride

Its a legitimate concern! The cup size is important in a marathon!

Runners run

I thought this was going to be about sports cups for protecting the 'nads. Ileneforward, I just realized your avatar was a CAT! I thought it was something esle! Big grin

Vim

JakeKnight

This thread is very disappointing. ---------------- Okay, since its not about boobs (sigh) or even testicular packaging (which at least would have been entertaining), I'll ask a question about the original post: why do you want to know? I assume its roughly the same amount as in every other race. Which is ... ? 3 ounces? 4 ounces? Approximately half a dixie cup? Just curious why it matters. If you need more, take two.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                -----------------------------

I have run Boston 3 times and I'm running it again in 12 days or so. I don't remember a lot of detail about the cups, except that there were plenty of them...they were paper...and they were blue. I don't remember them being very big or very small or very full or very empty. Hope that helps. I thought this would be a breast discussion so like JK, I am disapointed.

Runners run

budget3

This thread is very disappointing. ---------------- Okay, since its not about boobs (sigh) or even testicular packaging (which at least would have been entertaining), I'll ask a question about the original post: why do you want to know? I assume its roughly the same amount as in every other race. Which is ... ? 3 ounces? 4 ounces? Approximately half a dixie cup? Just curious why it matters. If you need more, take two.
                    Running my 5th Boston and have always stayed away from the sport drink and used a few gels. This year I am switching because the gels do not digest as well and have worked out X amount of drink in my long runs. So I'm just trying to plan accordingly.
                    Gig

I thought this was going to be about sports cups for protecting the 'nads.
                      Dude, what kind of races do you run that you need a cup?! I have to admit, a full-contact 10-K might be fun.
                        I want 52 seconds of my life back. This thread made me Sad
                        HermosaBoy

Well, if it's a question of volume of water to intake, I wouldn't worry too much. In my two Bostons, there was water available approximately every 1/4 mile (or so it seemed). May not be a BAA water stop, but the crowds are awesome about offering water and other treats. And I was also disappointed that this wasn't about bras... Blush ETA -- It's not the size!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

uncontrollable

I forget but I would say average - if they were too small/big I'd probably remember. As Goldilocks would say: They were Juuuuuust right! 10 days ... woooooo-hooooooo! See you there!!!

peace

views: 544 replies: 12 I think a lot of people were dissapointed Wink
                                views: 544 replies: 12 I think a lot of people were dissapointed Wink
                                Brilliant .....
                                Don't let the fat fool you .....