Suggestions for a good fall Half Marathon (Read 86 times)

Looking for 1 or 2 good fall half marathons... east coast, preferably in the southeast or mid-Atlantic.   I've raced Richmond a couple of times now, and I like it, but looking for a change of scenery.  Goal is to drop my PR as far under 1:30 as I can, so not interested in trail races or ridiculously hilly courses for this one.  Any suggestions for great races?    Thanks!

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Maybe too far north for you, but the Maine Half on September 30 is a good one.  http://mainemarathon.com/

Another one on September 30 is in Hampton, NH.  http://hamptonrockfest.com/  I've run it a couple of times.  It goes through beautiful neighborhoods and along the ocean.  I liked it because it kept my mind off the pain, ha.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Generally I'm not a fan of the Rock 'n Roll races, but the RnR Philadelphia HM is relatively flat and fast. The start and finish have changed over the years, but it's still basically the same course on which numerous world, American, and AG records have been set. One caveat is that mid-September can be hot in Philly.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

The most complete list of half marathons I'm aware of is the Half Fanatics race calendar.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Thanks everyone.  Would love to hit either the Maine or NH race, but both might be a little far for me (in NC) to travel for a half.  Anyone know anything about either the Charlottesville Fall Classic half or the Crawlin Crab Half (Hampton, VA)?   Thanks again folks!

roman_the_runner

Run, boy, run

Might be a little too late but you can find one here https://sportnomad.net/

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Thanks everyone.  Would love to hit either the Maine or NH race, but both might be a little far for me (in NC) to travel for a half.  Anyone know anything about either the Charlottesville Fall Classic half or the Crawlin Crab Half (Hampton, VA)?   Thanks again folks!

Crawling Crab is a well-managed race and a fast course.  Highly recommended.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

Thanks for your feedback... all registered for the Crawiln' Crab.  Looking forward to it.