Salted caramel GU? (Read 217 times)

Mysecondnewname

This is admittedly a trivial (and dumb) question since everyone's taste buds differ....but what the heck!

I'm running out of my trusty Tri-Berry Gu's and wanted to switch up the flavor.

Anyone like the Salted caramel GU flavor?  Does it really taste like that, and is really thicker and saltier than a normal GU?

Haven't been able to find these locally, so I would welcome your thoughts.

muppy

It's really rather delicious and it tastes like a salty caramel,the old-fashioned type. I actually just ordered two more boxes from Runners Warehouse yesterday, so go ahead and order some if you don't like it you can mail it to me!

jopapgh

Easily my favorite GU flavor. No chemical taste. I would say the consistency is a little thinner than typical GU. Yum!

Gang Name "Pound Cake"

Sounded weird to me too, but tried it and it's likely my fav too.

- Scott

2014 Goals: First Marathon - BQ2016 <3:40 (3:25:18) - 1/2M <1:45 - 5K <22:00

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig (3:49:02) - 09/20 Air Force (BQ 3:25:18) - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental

Tried it, liked it, will buy it again.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Docket_Rocket

I think it's their best flavor yet.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bap

What brand would you recommend for 800 meters?

Certified Running Coach
                Crocked since 2013

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

I'm not sure if this is what is meant by the old-fashioned salty caramel, but you know those caramel squares Brach's sells by the bagful, that are often used for cooking?  They taste exactly like those.  Exactly.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

xhristopher

The old-fashioned type

It is rather delicious

Salty camel gu.

SubDood

The old-fashioned type

It is rather delicious

Salty camel gu.

Salty CAMEL gu

Typographical error?

Or just good humor?

bap

Salty CAMEL gu

Typographical error?

Or just good humor?

Tastes like chicken.

Certified Running Coach
                        Crocked since 2013

Docket_Rocket

I'm not sure if this is what is meant by the old-fashioned salty caramel, but you know those caramel squares Brach's sells by the bagful, that are often used for cooking?  They taste exactly like those.  Exactly.

Yes!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

muppy

I'm not sure if this is what is meant by the old-fashioned salty caramel, but you know those caramel squares Brach's sells by the bagful, that are often used for cooking?  They taste exactly like those.  Exactly.

For the record, I meant the kind that the old ladies make at  church's for fundraisers and hand wrap the sweet delicious oh so tasty carmels!

xhristopher

Salty CAMEL gu

Typographical error?

Or just good humor?

Yes!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Dangerous knowledge...I normally don't like Gu, but I LOVE caramel sauce...this could be good/bad.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay