Running stairs ? (Read 2955 times)

Now imagine if you were 45+ pounds over weight and this is what you had to deal with every day. Imagine the extra and constant stress on the heart, muscles, and joints.  

I have another workout where I carry a 120lb sandbag on my shoulder and I have actually thought about that very thing.   I couldn't imagine weighing that much more then I do.

keeponrunning

Now imagine if you were 45+ pounds over weight and this is what you had to deal with every day. Imagine the extra and constant stress on the heart, muscles, and joints.  

I rode my bike to work last week when my car was being fixed.  I carried a backpack full of books, papers, etc, probably about 25lbs worth.  I was thinking that exact thing riding up hills :s

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

dallasboycows

running with a backpack full of weight is brutal.  That set of vertical stairs does look sick.  Think I'd take the escalator..... lol.

Shoe

Yet I get no extra credit for a 90 mile running week with 30 extra lb. No respect!

Oh, what, I should just eat less and quit my bitchin'?  Wink

L.Chang

I've got a sick  set of stairs about a 10 minute drive from where I am 

1 mile, 5000 steps and 2100' of pure awesomeness.

This is quite impressive--a set of stairs like these would keep me busy for a while!

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I would trip and break my face.

steph  

Same here. Looks like enough of a challenge just to walk.

Joann Y

Looks like The Incline in Manitou/Colorado Springs. My brother had taken me over there before. That's a tough hike up but totally worth it for the panoramic views you get.  And a fun run down. I think they made it out of an old cog railrod or something like that.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

running > all else

Personally, I think that running stairs is very helpful to my runs. Squats, lunges, same thing. Some may feel that weight lifting has put a damper on their running, but I definitely think it builds stamina.

running > all else

The pic above of '5000' steps however, looks awful!  It also looks dangerous wow! But, more power to you if you enjoy it. haha

superathlete1217

When i run down stairs, i make sure to ware short running shorts, gripping socks, and sometimes even shinpads and a bike helmet if i fall. I always make sure to be at jogging speed ad very smooth and steady.

superathlete1217

See this, then yo may not break your face: When i run down stairs, i make sure to ware short running shorts, gripping socks, and sometimes even shinpads and a bike helmet if i fall. I always make sure to be at jogging speed ad very smooth and steady.

(P.S LOL)