New to the site.. (Read 673 times)

Rim Rock Dad

...so I figured this was the best place to start. I'm one of the old cool runners thats coming over from the mess that was a result of the merger with active. I've been running for over 5 years, and started because of the couch to 5k program that was posted there. The support that I received was great, and motivated me to keep running, despite setbacks that inevitably come up from time to time. Fast-forward to last night, when I tried to log a run in on the "new and improved" log. Not only did it take much longer than it should, but the attitude throughout the site was much colder than it was previously. I had it, and found you guys. Not only was the log better (I really like the mapping feature Big grin ), but it looked like the kind of community that was sorely lacking at the other place. Kudos to the guys that put together the log and the import feature. It turned out to be much easier than I thought! I had my mourning for CR already. Cry Once I saw how it had been cut apart, I resigned myself to the fact that a good website had been put down. I look forward to the time with everyone at RA, and hope that its smooth sailing from here on.
    James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart

Think Whirled Peas

Welcome aboard! It's a great place for all things running!!!

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Welcome, running dad! I think that you'll find everything that you want in a running site and more here at RA. One thing you won't experience here is a cold attitude. This place is full of great people of all ability levels, and they are all supportive. Glad to have you with us! Smile

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Another Passion

Welcome, running dad! I think that you'll find everything that you want in a running site and more here at RA. One thing you won't experience here is a cold attitude. This place is full of great people of all ability levels, and they are all supportive. Glad to have you with us! Smile
          Ditto! I couldn't have put it any better than Jvol. Welcome running dad! Big grin

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Vally

Hi Running Dad. I am also a new RA member and have found everyone here to be very welcoming, supportive and understaning (going through mourning and all). I know you will like it here.
              I am another newbie to the site, I have been running for a couple of years and have learned alot lurking on the coolrunning site. So Hello and Merry Christmas to everyone.
              I love to eat, therefore I must run!
                Welcome James, I'm willing to bet you'll like it here. It's a nice crew so don't be a stranger, be sure to throw in your two cents.

E.J.
                Greater Lowell Road Runners
                Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Welcome Running Dad, being an ex CR person myself I found the support and people here really made my mourning a short one. Another nice part was many of the people you knew from CR are probably here now and you will reestablish yourself here quickly. Mike