2007 Statistics (Read 3465 times)

eric :)

Happy New Year everyone! I thought it might be interesting to pull some numbers from the database. Here's what I got for 2007: running distance: 2.8 million miles (4.5 million kilometers)* cycling distance: 450,000 miles (730,000 kilometers) swimming distance: 15,000 miles (25,000 kilometers) Number of Races 5k: 5059 5 miles: 860 10ks: 2123 half marathons: 2075 marathons: 1196 ultra marathons: 160 including 11 100-milers ran by: billgeist (1) Carey Smith (1) formationflier (1) jlynnbob (3) Sherpa John (3) private (2) * On December 18, Gig pondered about how many miles we ran this past year, which was about 1.95 million miles. I projected in that post that we'll reach 2 million miles by year's end. We're way over the 2 million mark. The difference is the number of miles brought over by several thousand of our latest members.

Wowsers. If you had any doubts about the popularity of your site, Eric, you don't have to worry anymore... How do these compare to 2006?

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Dave

Nice. Enough to run around the world (at the equator), 112 times or about once every three days.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Another Passion

That's amazing and very cool! Cool Thanks for compiling that Eric. Congrats everyone and here's to an even more successful 2008! I pray everyone remains healthy and injury free to accomplish their goals this year. Happy New Year! Big grin

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Anyone have pizza?

still alive

Wow! For an average car getting 20 mpg, that's 140,000 gallons of gas, $420,000 worth.

Greg in ND

One day at a time.

Perhaps it has been mentioned elsewhere and I missed it, but how many members of RA as of 12/31/07?

Perhaps it has been mentioned elsewhere and I missed it, but how many members of RA as of 12/31/07?
                Hi Dave, It is my policy not to advertise operational data. It is probably safer for the site itself that these numbers are not shared. eric Smile

Wowsers. If you had any doubts about the popularity of your site, Eric, you don't have to worry anymore... How do these compare to 2006?
                  I don't consider the popularity that much. I believe that if I create a good product and have good customer service, then people will come. Kind of like Field of Dreams. I haven't compared it to the 2006 data, but it has to be exponential.

Young Gun

I ran three 100 Milers?! I guess I'll have to do it again!! Wink Awesome stats eric! Thanks!

www.HumanPotentialRunning.com

Hi Dave, It is my policy not to advertise operational data. It is probably safer for the site itself that these numbers are not shared. eric Smile
                      Fair enough. Just curious. As always, appreciate the prompt reply. And, I know it has been said, but thanks for putting up with everyone's bitching and moaning the past few weeks. It's a fantastic site and I pretty sure we're all glad to be here. I know I am. Dave
                        Thanks Eric. Any predictions on total distance for 2007?