Quick survey for runners = raffle to win free shoes! (PS eric approved this) (Read 278 times)

Hi folks!

As part of a school project I'm conducting a survey around running shoe shopping behavior. Of course when I want to know what runners think, I think of RA... so here I am. I would be very grateful to have all your input if you have a few minutes to spare. Should only take 5-7 minutes and we'll be doing a raffle at the end to give away a free pair of running shoes.

http://tuck.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_b8f0MgCgdyQc68J

Thank you in advance and please let me know if you have any questions!

Sara

~Sara
    It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

L Train

Done.

Hi smalcolm. Hanover, HN is considered Greater Lowell. Just sayin'.

Runners run

GC100k

Did it.

On the websites where you buy shoes question, there was only one blank to fill in another site but several of the sites where I bought shoes recently (6pm.com, joesnewbalanceoutlet.com, eastbay.com)  were not listed.

There was a section on do you prefer to buy shoes in stores.  Stores don't carry my size so it's not really a choice (I guess I could have them order shoes), so I didn't know how to reflect that in my answers.

Pretty thorough and well-done survey overall.

Hi smalcolm. Hanover, HN is considered Greater Lowell. Just sayin'.

IT IS!?!?!?! I had no idea. Where is the best place to find race info for the area?

~Sara
            It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Did it.

On the websites where you buy shoes question, there was only one blank to fill in another site but several of the sites where I bought shoes recently (6pm.com, joesnewbalanceoutlet.com, eastbay.com)  were not listed.

There was a section on do you prefer to buy shoes in stores.  Stores don't carry my size so it's not really a choice (I guess I could have them order shoes), so I didn't know how to reflect that in my answers.

Pretty thorough and well-done survey overall.

Thanks so much for the input. I'll make note of what you mentioned. If you want to share any other details feel free to shoot me a message. Thank you!!

~Sara

IT IS!?!?!?! I had no idea. Where is the best place to find race info for the area?

Here's a good place to start. You and your handsome-ass husband would look fantastic in green and gold.

Runners run

Slo

Done

Good survey. Will we get to see responses?

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Done.

steph  

GC100k

Stores don't carry my size so it's not really a choice (I guess I could have them order shoes), 

I guess it really is a choice.  I've tried going to stores and have them order shoes, but by the time I argue with them and explain that yes, shoes in my or my wife's size really do exist, and tell them which models come in our sizes... it's really not worth the hassle or worth waiting until the shoes come in so I can pay twice the on-line price.

Size is an issue for me as well.  In addition the stores in town tend to have a sparse selection of light weight trainers, they either have 10+oz trainers or racing flats.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Done.

It would be interesting to see the results.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Mostly harmless

Done. When do I get my free shoes?

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Done.  It would be really cool to see the results, like everyone has said.  Good survey.

For buying shoes in person, my truth is more like "I live in the middle of nowhere, and Dick's Sporting Goods is not really a shoe store."

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                              Emil Zatopek

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Done.  It would be really cool to see the results, like everyone has said.  Good survey.

For buying shoes in person, my truth is more like "I live in the middle of nowhere, and Dick's Sporting Goods is not really a shoe store."

This is about where I'm at, too.  It's hard to justify driving an hour each way with ~$4/gallon gas to find that there are few options available in my size -- especially when it's rare to have to pay shipping with most e-tailers.  When I happen to be near a running store I love buying from the tangible retailer.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay