Weirdest thing you've ever seen on the ground during a run..? (Read 11262 times)

Jill_B

I fly.

I found $9 today (a five and four ones)...

Bring it on.

Nice!!!!!! Cool

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Not quite as exciting as the espresso maker, but pretty close.  A 12 stall shoe garage, be still my heart.

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I keep seeing a tent in a relatively deep ditch not far from my house.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xhristopher

I keep seeing a tent in a relatively deep ditch not far from my house.

Is it occupied?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Is it occupied?

Ha, I hope not.  It looks like it blew out of someone's trash, then got waterlogged after some rain storms.  I keep wondering how long it will be there.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

The shirtless wonder

I've been seeing a dead cat that I swear is changing positions each week.   Slow Zombie Cat I call it.  It'd probably move faster if it wasn't so cold around here.

I look my best blurry!

I've been seeing a dead cat that I swear is changing positions each week.   Slow Zombie Cat I call it.  It'd probably move faster if it wasn't so cold around here.

Ew!  That isn't weird. It's just plain gross Greg!

The shirtless wonder

I've seen FAR more gross things.  The grossest was probably the deer.  One week I did a long run in the late evening.  A car was pulled off the road as they had apparently just struck a deer.  It may have been the next week or maybe a few weeks later but when I ran by the deer there were THOUSANDS of maggots making a mass exodus from the carcass.  I ran into the middle of the street to avoid getting maggot juice all over my sneakers.

I look my best blurry!

Thanks for sharing Greg.  Maybe you could start a new thread about the grossest things you've ever seen on the ground during a run.  That would be fun, huh?

Weirdest thing I've seen is two overweight men in long-sleeved shirts, ties, dress pants, and dress shoes walking on a bike trail where I was running.  I wish I had come along about 30 seconds sooner to see how they managed to scramble up the 4 foot 60 degree hill without traction.  Evil  I mentioned I had now seen it all as I passed them.  One looked mad, but the other laughed. 

"We are not talking about gorse-bushes," said Owl crossly. "I am," said Pooh.

Today I saw another running stop and stretch mid run.  LOL

J/K I think the strangest thing I have seen while running in the past few months was a dead fish that was nowhere near a water source.  It would not have been to strange but I saw three of them spread out over about a 1/4 mile.  I should have backtracked and picked them up for dinner but I hate cleaning fish.

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett

A whole Foster Farms chicken all wrapped up in the packaging.  It was there for weeks rotting away.  

A whole Foster Farms chicken all wrapped up in the packaging.  It was there for weeks rotting away.  

speakin of chickens.....found a bloody rooster that got hit by a car.  still alive, poor thing. brought it home and........called animal control.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

L Train

speakin of chickens.....found a bloody rooster that got hit by a car.  still alive, poor thing. brought it home and........called animal control.

You have seen a Train on the ground while out on a run.  I would have thought this would be your answer but whatevah.