^%(^*%$%# Run! (Read 884 times)

I would try OTC before spending money on semi-custom orthotics., Superfeet even carries a money back guarantee - and I did get my money back from the retailer (not the running store, actually a boot shop!)

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
    Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, better to start cheap. I just hope I don't ever need true custom orthotics... *gulp*

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Along for the Ride

But not in every style...that's what I really love with NB. I don't have to try on a shoe and then find out that I can't get it in my size. They ALL come in D width. Big grin k
        Have you tried adidas (Adistar control)? I need a lot of room in the forefoot/toebox and adidas has that. I am also a over-pronator (more with my right than left foot). Brooks (Radius 06) seem to work too, although not as roomy as the adidas.

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Have you tried adidas (Adistar control)? I need a lot of room in the forefoot/toebox and adidas has that. I am also a over-pronator (more with my right than left foot). Brooks (Radius 06) seem to work too, although not as roomy as the adidas.
          I haven't tried the Adidas or the Brooks, but I definitely will try anything that will fit my foot. Maybe if something is a little on the wide side it would work OK. I'd love to find something that I can get more than 250 miles out of, too, though I'm not sure if that's the shoes or just me. You know, I think I probably pronate more with my right, too--that might explain why I tend to have more issues with my right leg. k

~ Sarah Kay

jcasetnl

Yeah, better to start cheap. I just hope I don't ever need true custom orthotics... *gulp*
            I second the orthotics - they have made a huge difference in my running. I pronate, which was leading to some knee pain. Ever since the OTC orthotics, I've had zero problems. I originally got them for help with PF. The custom orthotics might be be covered under your insurance, btw. I am looking into this for myself since I plan to up my mileage soon.
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The custom orthotics might be be covered under your insurance, btw. I am looking into this for myself since I plan to up my mileage soon.
              Ooh, I hadn't even thought of that--my IC is pretty good. They cover a lot of things that many companies don't cover. k

~ Sarah Kay