runDISNEY (Read 319 times)

CT JEFF

Hey guys and gals-

I have an upcoming race - IN DISNEY! in about 10 more days. 10 miler at night. Disney has some SWEET bling! Of course, the races arent cheap and they have been selling out faster and faster. I have learned a lot of tips and tricks for people who want to runDISNEY, but really excited to do my first event with them.

Ok- here's one thing I love. They have a lot of "extra" medals. If you do the HM then the FM the next day, you get both medals PLUS the Goofy medal. If you do the 5K, 10K, HM, FM you get those 4, plus GOOFY plus DUMBO! If you do 2 races one on each coast, in the same year, you get another medal!

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

xhristopher

If you do the 5K, 10K, HM, FM you get those 4, plus GOOFY plus DUMBO!

It's DOPEY, you dope!

Runner100

I think it works out to $5,365.20 per medal.

an amazing likeness

Hmmm....if you think possible bib re-use at a local race was a cock-up, can't imagine what you'll experience with 843,200 runners at a Disney event start and photo parade.  Joking

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

CT JEFF

It's DOPEY, you dope!

There is a DUMBO challenge. There is no need to be rude.

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

xhristopher

There is a DUMBO challenge. There is no need to be rude.

I wasn't trying to be rude. I've just never heard of the DUMBO challenge. Dumbo Double Dare, yes. That's different than running the four races you referenced.

If you do the 5K, 10K, HM, FM you get those 4, plus GOOFY plus DUMBO! 

Plus, you have to be a real dope to run a Disney race. I should know. I'm signed up for the full next January and ran the half last January. I'll be taking plenty of selfies.

LeighDS

Live Free & Run

Yeah Disney has some great stuff! I ran my first HM in January 2012 and it was amazing! I had only intened the HM to be my one and only...not so much! I now have more running shoes than any other! I will be returning in January to runt he HM again. Hopefully I my family and my wife's will all run the 5K in 2015 in addition to my doing maybe another HM or the new 10K.

One day I would like to do the Dopey!

PRs

1-Mile - 6:18 on 4-4-2015

5K - 21:48 on 10-31-2015

10K - 47:57 on 10-24-2015

HM - 1:52:36 on 3-25-2017

FULL - 4:41:12 on 1-11-2015

Upcoming Races

Tanger Outlet 5K

Disney World 19.3 Challenge

Race the Runways 10K

diane_77

I'm running the Princess Half Marathon next February.  It'll be my first half marathon, and I'm very excited.  To those who have run the Disney races; should I partake in the Pasta in the Park dinner, or the breakfast for the racers?  I don't want to miss any extra fun, but I'm bringing 5 family members with me, and the dinner for all 6 of us seems like it would be too steep in price.Confused

Hey guys and gals-

I have an upcoming race - IN DISNEY! in about 10 more days. 10 miler at night. Disney has some SWEET bling! Of course, the races arent cheap and they have been selling out faster and faster. I have learned a lot of tips and tricks for people who want to runDISNEY, but really excited to do my first event with them.

Jeff - Enjoy every minute!! Loved ur bling pix !! You've got me interested!!

Mary Kay

2013 Race PRs: FM - 6:30; 5k - 36:39; 10k - 1:24:06; HM -2:57:32

Persistence can change failure into extraordinary achievement - Matt Biondi

I am an extraordinary achievement - Me  

Jess runs for bacon

I'm running the Princess Half Marathon next February.  It'll be my first half marathon, and I'm very excited.  To those who have run the Disney races; should I partake in the Pasta in the Park dinner, or the breakfast for the racers?  I don't want to miss any extra fun, but I'm bringing 5 family members with me, and the dinner for all 6 of us seems like it would be too steep in price.Confused

I didn't do the pasta party last year and didn't feel like missed out. I did however wish I had done the race retreat, it looked awesome. I signed up for it this year. Go to have fun, and make sure you go to the park with your medal on.

Scooterscott

Living near Disney (we can hear the fireworks at night) and having run many of their races wanted to share some insights.

The races are pretty well run but as they continue to grow and adapt their product there can be issues.  The entry fee's are high and some of the "plusses" are not that important to some runners.  Generally things are pretty good and pretty fun.  The races have a good entertainment value, especially for disney fans, as well as others to run somewhat of a novelity race but the actual times in the parks is pretty limited and the courses and crowds don't always produce PR's.  The add-on features, such as the Pasta Party, have a limited value.  Attended one of the Pasta Party for free at this year's marathon, as a guest of a "perfect 20".  The buffett style, catered event wasn't probably worth the dollar amount (if we would have had to pay).

The ToT 10 Miler is one of the more fun events because of the themeing and "show" that goes along with the run and sicne it is run at night.  Still there is a larger amount of the course out on the roads with not much to look at.  The old 13K course was a little better because it didn't try and sqeeze in those fwe extra miles.  Also remember that central Florida is Humid so run smart, even at night.

Good luck to anyone running this weekend's race.

LeighDS

Live Free & Run

I will be doing my 2nd HM this January at WDW. I haven't done any of the Pasta in the Parks, but a few of my friends said they were cool but expensive. My family and I have been going to Disney/FL for a week+ annually for vacation and we've found some great buffet-style places in the Clermont & Kissimmee that are far cheaper and offer a variety of foods.

But if you can afford a little extra to pay for it, I'd say try it and see how you like it.

PRs

Upcoming Races

Tanger Outlet 5K

Race the Runways 10K

Strict WTF adherent

Waste of time and money.

There's no shortage of better, less expensive and less time consuming places to eat on property.

CT JEFF

Go to have fun, and make sure you go to the park with your medal on.

Great idea! Thank you, I wouldn't have thought of it. I just did the Hollywood Tower Hotel (Tower of Terror) tonight with my 5 and 6 yr old boys after doing Fantasmic! What a great night. (the 6 yr old is in my armpit in the photo. the 5 yr old has his hands up in the air!)

1 mile run for the kids bright and early in the morning. Hit the expo alone today, that was fun. I don't expect a PR. Humidity down here is pretty high this weekend. Thanks for the insight ScooterScott.

LeighDS

Live Free & Run

Great idea! Thank you, I wouldn't have thought of it. I just did the Hollywood Tower Hotel (Tower of Terror) tonight with my 5 and 6 yr old boys after doing Fantasmic! What a great night. (the 6 yr old is in my armpit in the photo. the 5 yr old has his hands up in the air!)

1 mile run for the kids bright and early in the morning. Hit the expo alone today, that was fun. I don't expect a PR. Humidity down here is pretty high this weekend. Thanks for the insight ScooterScott.

I saw that they were concerned for the warmer than usual weather. How was the course itself? One of the top disney races I want to run.

PRs

Upcoming Races

Tanger Outlet 5K

Race the Runways 10K