Replacement shoe for the Adidas Boston Classic (Read 2691 times)

qvision100

I have run in Adidas Boston Classics for years and now I can not get them in Canada and I have heard that  they are difficult to come by in the U.S. as well.

Does anyone have a suggestion as a replacement. The Boston classic is a neutral, cushioning shoe. I would like to stay with the Adidas brand.

I have tried the Adidas Boost, Adidas Response, and Adidas Boston but they don't feel the same and I usually get blisters on long runs/races.

Recently I have been recovering from knee and heel problems I suspect have been caused by the shoes.

Shoe suggestions appreciated.

Auntie M.

I'm going to give exactly the answer you aren't looking for!

I'm a neutral/cushion shoe user and I enjoy the New Balance 757 (now 758).  I've also heard great things about the 1063, though I don't own a pair (yet).

Anyway, I'm curious why you want to stick to Adidas.  Are you a sponsored athlete?  Work in an Adidas store?  It would match all the Adidas clothes you wear?  What's the scoop?!  (I'm just wondering why you'd want to keep trying Adidas if you've gone through 4 models of their shoes you aren't happy with.)

You say the knee and heel trouble is "recent."  Are you running differently now than you used to?  Wouldn't this have been a problem before if you're doing the same thing?  It could be overtraining or hill training or something like that causing the trouble if it's not typical of the shoes.

qvision100

I am not a "die hard" Adidas purchaser but I have had success in the past, and that was the reason I was looking for an Adidas type replacement.

I have worn the Adidas Boston Classic for a number of year, injury free. The shoe seems to have been retired.

The other Adidas shoes I have recently tried were to find a similar shoe to the Boston. I have also tried a Saucony shoe, which felt great in the store but did not feel comfortable on long runs.

I don't believe my shoes were the sole reason for my recently injurys, just a contributing factor.

So, if anyone else out there have found themselves in a similar situation, and have used the Boston Classic and have switch to a different shoe (with success) let me know.

Auntie M.

I've had good luck finding them online for pretty good prices.  I haven't heard that they've been retired, and I've been running in Boston Classics for 10+ years.

Half Fanatic #846

Roadrunnersports.com  has Adidas Women's Boston Classics currently on sale...

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

kcam

runningwarehouse.com has them as well.
                qvision100

I know, "Sole reason" was not a very good play on words.

Thanks for the info. I will check into those places.

Has anyone tried the Adidas Adizero ACE? Is it similar to the Boston Classic?