Central Park run (Read 1557 times)

I just want to be counted among the urbane.  I say run Central Park and, like Kosher Dave suggested, only during the day.  

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Imminent Catastrophe

I just want to be counted among the urbane.  I say run Central Park and, like Kosher Dave suggested, only during the day.  

Unless it's New Years' Eve. 4-mile run at midnight. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I agree, run the park, have run it several times and it is a nice run. Hardest part was trying to get there from the Hotel. No easy way to run thru the city to the park. Too many people and too many cabs.

Run Wild

Central Park is a great run.  If you run the main loop it's a 10k route with some hills on the north end.  Don't forget about the midnight run either.  This is a fun way to ring in the new year.

wickedlady

The north end of the park has some lovely loops that many people overlook... Take it from a New Yorker! Smile

How long it it?  I mean, I could map it, but am too lazy.   I was there over the weekend, and was shocked at how many runners there were there. 

I mean, it felt like a race.  There were a ton of people running, and dogs everywhere :-) 

I think I ran about 4 miles, but have no idea.   I know I walked about 6 later that day --- 

- Anya

ultramarathon/triathlete

The full loop of Central Park is a bit over 6 miles.  

The bottom loop is about 1.7 miles 

There's a 4 mile loop and also a 5 mile loop.  

Not to mention trails, a track, the reservoir, the bridal path and many other options. 

Hope you liked it!  I'm heading there shortly for the big loop and a small loop, and maybe some more. 

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                Gatorade Endurance Team

The full loop of Central Park is a bit over 6 miles.  

The bottom loop is about 1.7 miles 

There's a 4 mile loop and also a 5 mile loop.  

Not to mention trails, a track, the reservoir, the bridal path and many other options. 

Hope you liked it!  I'm heading there shortly for the big loop and a small loop, and maybe some more. 

Thanks!

It was really nice. We ran there Saturday, and it was rainy and foggy. About 42 degrees. We didn't do the entire loop, but we did a lot of the bridal path and the reservoir, which was awsome. It was foggy and sort of erie.  Perfect running weather.

We were staying at 39th and 8th, so took the train there, but walked back.  I was so surprised at how many runners there were. It was amazing. What a wonderful place!

mta:  Saw you were from Brooklyn.  We went to the Brooklyn museum, and man, we were blown away.   I'm in DC, the land of museums, and it stinks to pay, but we were happy to pay their  "suggested price".     

Oh, and anyone else reading this, you have got to see Silence, the Musical.    Hysterical!

- Anya

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Is it a bridal path or a bridle path?  Makes a difference.

Sees-the-Ground

barefootin'

Is it a bridal path or a bridle path?  Makes a difference.

It depends on whether the path has been groomed.

Bill Wagnon / stl

It depends on whether the path has been groomed.

hehe

I am on the bridal path and ran along the bridle path eating Prince William's Groomsmen cake.  It was delicious. 

- Anya

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

LOL

Kalsarikännit

In fact, I'd recommend the loop around the reservoir.  

I'd recommend running counterclockwise.  This is nothing an old-fashioned clothesline wouldn't solve.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart