Home Page Needs Fix (Read 811 times)

First, the body of the page is off center (white). Then, when you rollover the tabs at the top of the page, it shifts (centers).

mta: But when you scroll down, it shifts off-center again.

Very annoying! Shirley, this is an easy fix.

(Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but the flickering could possibly cause a seizure for some. )

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Looks fine on my end...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Looks fine on my end...

You sure about the page you are on, cause once you select "community" page or the other two, there is no problem.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The "home" page is what you are seeing all wonky?  No, really...it looks fine on my end.  Or is it a different page?

~ Sarah Kay

Ok, so I checked the DW's PC and it was fine. So it must be something else.

eric, I am using Mac OS 10.4.11 with Firefox 3.6.3.

Thanks

Ricky

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm on a Mac, too, but a newer OS (10.6).  10.4 was giving me all sort of issues at the end (I upgraded to a new Mini a few months back--previous machine was one of the original Minis).  Particularly with online video.  YouTube changed their format a bit and literally overnight stuff played all stop-motion and it wasn't long after that videos from other sites played poorly.  Audio was fine, just not video.

~ Sarah Kay

theyapper

On the road again...

I'm on a mac running 10.6.3 and use Safari.  Looks fine here.  I also opened FF (3.5.2) and everything's good.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Dave

Ok, so I checked the DW's PC and it was fine. So it must be something else.

eric, I am using Mac OS 10.4.11 with Firefox 3.6.3.

Thanks

Try dumping your page cache and reloading.  Seems to be required when Eric updates the style sheets (or something like that).

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Try dumping your page cache and reloading.  Seems to be required when Eric updates the style sheets (or something like that).

Not real sure how that's done, but I tried. I closed FF, opened 'Library' folder, 'Caches" folder, found a FF folder there.

Opened that one to 'Profiles' folder, then 'qysnk1y.default' folder, then there were two folders, 'cache' and 'offline cache'.

I dumped both of those and restarted FF. No change.

Also, when I opened the 'Caches' folder and found the FF folder, there was another file there named 'firefox-bin' that opens numerous folders titled by numbers. I left that alone.

I'm lost, but tinkering with the size of the page by dragging the bottom right corner, I found that when the page is sized to allow no more than a quarter inch of light blue down each side of the white body, it does not shift when rolling over

community.

HELP!

Thanks

Ricky

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Works for me on Firefox.

Usually you can just clear the cache by going into preferences. 

Works for me on Firefox.

Usually you can just clear the cache by going into preferences. 

Firefox or system prefs?

Ricky

xor

Firefox.

If you are going into your directories and dumping stuff manually, you are working too hard... and perhaps missing some stuff.

Firefox->Tools->Clear Recent History

(there is something similar in IE)

For more details, see:

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Clear+Recent+History?style_mode=inproduct 

and

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/How+to+clear+the+cache?style_mode=inproduct

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Firefox.

If you are going into your directories and dumping stuff manually, you are working too hard... and perhaps missing some stuff.

Firefox->Tools->Clear Recent History

You are correct about working too hard. After Trent posted I found how to clear the cache in FF preferences.

Still no change.

History? dgb2n said page cache. ?? I dunno.

Ricky

xor

Your page history is part of your cache.

Please see the second link I provided for details on how to clear your firefox cache.