Garmin 50 questions (Read 473 times)

Baby bean!

We received a pair of Garmen 50's for Christmas and started to use them. Now, I know these are not the BEST version of Garmins, but the whole gps thing isn't something I need right now. But I like the pedometer aspect. Anywhoo, the watch is great. The intervel timer part is fine. But the foot pod isn't doing what it needs to do. The watch will say Pod FOUND and we'll start the timers (we will use both TRAIN and INTERVEL). The little foot symbol on my husband's watch flashes, but mine is solid. After 10 minutes, however, I looked and noticed that the foot was gone from my screen. We kept the timers going and I figured that worse case, I'll just map it later. So we get back to the house and plug in the usb. The watch says UPLOAD and the graph comes up. It only showed 10 minutes worth of data. It showed that we only went .7 mile. Any tech support people that can help me with this? Confused

Goals:
    Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

This is probably not the answer you are looking for, but I would return it and get the 305. The 305 cost about what you spent on the pod and 50. If you really want good help, just call garmin. I did and was barely on hold. In fact, I think I was surprised at how quick I got help.