Adding workout type: Walk (Read 34 times)

amoore

Farbar1955

First off, thanks for providing this site. I think I've been on it for ten years or so!

I'd like to suggest the addition of a workout type: the walk. As I've gotten older (almost 65...gasp!) I've noticed more of the older former running compatriots creating walking groups. These groups can covered as little as 3 miles a session to as many as 10 miles! And they're not slow! Generally you burn the same number of calories walking a mile as running one and this is becoming a more common thing among the aging active population.

I have started doing a few of these walks with friends and it's a great time to socialize and enjoy the outside at a more casual pace. I really don't want to put these walks under the Run category and have been using the Default to list them. This morning we covered 4.8 miles! Then I did a 2.7 mile run! It was a great morning to catch up on gossip, get a workout in, and practice the social distancing while on the move!

Anyway, please consider adding Walk if you think that could be done. Thanks!

Cheers,

Alan

CanadianMeg

Kicking Asphalt for 2021

You can add walks already.

Top right corner. Go into Options --> Manage my Activities --> + New Activity (Name it walk).

Half Fanatic #9292.