1st Half (Read 384 times)

BigOwie

Well.......that happened

Indianapolis Monumental Half Marathon Intentions were great two months ago, I was putting a lot of miles in, and really getting into running those longer runs. Then October happened. My training went to shit for one reason or another, and even a decent result seemed unlikely. But I was the one that talked a buddy into doing it as his first as well, so I was going to have to pay the price for my non-actions and suck it up. I'll get a full race report done later, but to sum it up, I had a really good run. 1:45:53 was the chip time. To say the least I'm very happy with that time all things considered. My buddy ran a great 1:40:45. Not bad for two amateurs. Smile Course was nice, tons of people were out cheering us on. Bathrobes and coffee was the most popular attire. Just a good run. Hopefully this result will prove October was just an anomaly. Did any one else run it? I thought the mile 10 marker was a bit on the short side, I don't have a garmin, so can anyone confirm this?
      I ran the half and had a great time, too. My training got a bit messed up for the last two or three weeks (I took the place of my husband in the Indy *half* Marathon on Oct. 18), but it ended well for me. My time was nowhere near yours, but I was very, very happy with it, as it was the first time I ran 13 miles without stopping to walk or rest. I don't have a Garmin, so I can't help you with mile 10. To be honest, I didn't see most of the mile markers because I zoned out a lot of the time and tried to figure out where I was based on my watch when I needed some encouragement that it wasn't much further. My husband and I are both looking forward to doing this race next year. You're right, it was a good run and the people were very nice. We met the race director at the pasta dinner and he was there to shake the hands of the runners at the finish line. Being somewhat of a race novice, I thought that was nice that he was so "present". Smile
      BigOwie

Well.......that happened

I guess that would be my only complaint. As many volunteers as they had, it would have been nice to have a person at EVERY mile marker, instead of the few I recall. Although who knows, I was zoned out too. With my luck they probably had the mile markers on huge billboards and I just missed them. Cool

Skooter 3.0

I ran it and had a great time...the only thing I would say is that they could definitely improve the traffic situation. There were a lot of inconsiderate drivers cutting off runners, and I really think a few more traffic directors would have fixed that...otherwise a beautiful route and a great run!

Goals?