Garmin 405 (Read 1504 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I know the 405 has gotten some bad reviews, but in case anyone is interested Amazon has it on sale today for $149.99

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Purdey

Self anointed title

Good price. No bad reviews from me!

sluggo

John

I got the Garmin 405 in April, 2010 without the heart rate monitor. I once had a stop watch with the heart rate option. I never liked it much.

Cost about $300. Not enough value for that price. Spending $150 is a lot closer to the my value range.

Seems like the battery does not hold a charge as advertised. Recharge it after every run, even if it says you have 90% charge.

Two or three times it would not charge correctly. It would show 100% charge when on the charger, then show 0% immediately after I took it off. My fix was to totally reset it, erasing all running data on the watch. Erasing the data is OK since I upload each run to RA. Almost never upload data to the garmin site.

Be sure to lock the bezel before running. Sweat on the bezel seems to confuse it.

Still have to deal with that ANT/stick thing - but I guess that is still the only game in town.

John
        www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

Purdey

Self anointed title

I have run for 5 - 6 hrs with my 405 - no problem with charge. Yep - sweat/rain on the bezel causes false inputs if you don't lock it. I don't really use it's full functionality - but I love it.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I decided to go ahead and get one. Poor impulse control. I'm getting tired of using my iPhone and was thinking of getting a Garmin anyway.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Purdey

Self anointed title

Good man.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

How do you found the "todays run"? Set the schedule in training center. The" todays run" popped up yesterday while looking for something else. Could not get back to it.Confused

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

tap the bezel twice. once takes you to the battery level and again takes you to today's workout. also battery on the 405 has been bad for me, had to rma for a new one, but i hear the new 2.8 update is supposed to solve the battery problems, sadly i can't seem to get it to upgrade without error....

Please read/comment on my blog!

http://runreview.blogspot.com

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

tap the bezel twice. once takes you to the battery level and again takes you to today's workout. also battery on the 405 has been bad for me, had to rma for a new one, but i hear the new 2.8 update is supposed to solve the battery problems, sadly i can't seem to get it to upgrade without error....

Thanks. I try it this morning and it did not work. Now it did. Maybe it is just slow in processing. We give it another short in the AM.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

sluggo

John

+1 on upgrading the firmware. I was always having trouble with the battery on the 405 running low within a day or two when NOT in use. Upgrading to 2.8 seems to have fixed that.

John
                      www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"