Pepper spray SUCKS! (Read 1243 times)

Slice

PSA: Kids, be careful with pepper spray...  My pepper spray somehow got unlocked before my run today and I stupidly didn't check it. While running I managed to hit it just enough for it to spray my left hand. I didn't think too much about it until it started to sting about 15 minutes later. I splashed around in a puddle and thought it would stop tingling. It didn't. I was running with a severely struggling friend and it took an eternity to get back to our cars after the little spritz.  It was probably at least an hour before I was able to thoroughly wash it and 6 hours later it still feel like a million fire ants are on my hand. Awesome.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yikes--I'm glad you didn't have it pointed near your face!  That is a good cautionary tale, indeed.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Oh, come on!  It's just a condiment.

Big grin

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

It's probably too late now, but rubbing your hands with vegetable oil would have been more effective than soap and water. The capsaicin from pepper is oil-soluble. Hope you're okay now.
          Slice

It's probably too late now, but rubbing your hands with vegetable oil would have been more effective than soap and water. The capsaicin from pepper is oil-soluble. Hope you're okay now.

I may still try that. I'll try anything. It's been 6 hours and it's still killing me. It stopped for a while, but then the margaritas wore off.

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

A Saucy Wench

Yes, wash your hands with oil, THEN with soap.  Then with oil. Then with soap.  repeat  Unfortunately with the delay it may have soaked in enough to piss off the nerves, but a good oil soap wash will at least prevent you from killing yourself if you accidentally rub mucous membranes.  Like your eyes.  Or when you change the baby's diaper.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

uncontrollable

good to know but i am glad to know it does suck if some asshole wants to mess with me - at least it does cause some irritation

peace

xor

I imagine it especially irritates some asshole.

When I was a boy, I sprayed my eyeball while messing around with a perfume bottle at the mall.  The best things in life are free.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

No Talent Drips

I imagine it especially irritates some asshole.

Yes, like Pad Thai...extra hot. Coming in and going out.

sphincter burn

Dei Gratia

Imagine how a Grizzly bear feels after you spray him. 

- Anya

Also, hopefully none of it rubbed off and got onto the steering wheel of your car or anything else.  Check that.

Jeff

Slice

Also, hopefully none of it rubbed off and got onto the steering wheel of your car or anything else.  Check that.

I was really, REALLY careful. I was absolutely certain I didn't want to endure that again. The next day I was gnawing at a hangnail and I swear my mouth started to tingle. I may have been imagining it though. I haven't gotten around to washing the spray thing yet. I'm too afraid to even deal with it again.

topdownlist

spam

an amazing likeness

Thanks for sharing this post with  us .This one is very important and gather a lot of information.
                                Debt Relief San Diego

Racky? Is that you?

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.