Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

I started running in March with Couch to 5K,  and have been using Galloway's Run-Walk method for longer distances, which helped me to complete a Half in October.

But today, I ran steady for 5 miles for the first time, and it felt good!

Keep building the base.

2012 goals: Under 30 minutes 5K, over 20 miles/week

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I started running in March with Couch to 5K,  and have been using Galloway's Run-Walk method for longer distances, which helped me to complete a Half in October.

WTG!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

+1 on the wTG!

bob e v
        2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Longest BF run at the Thundercloud Subs 5mile Turkey Trot yesterday morning with >21,000 runners. Total of 6mi BF when adding the walk to/from the car and 1/4 mi walk to the starting line.

bob e v
          2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Longest BF run at the Thundercloud Subs 5mile Turkey Trot yesterday morning with >21,000 runners. Total of 6mi BF when adding the walk to/from the car and 1/4 mi walk to the starting line.

Nice!

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

Zee5229

First 9 mile long run ever in 1hr 16 min. about an 8 1/2 min/mile pace. An training for a marathon in April.

Sees-the-Ground

barefootin'

Ran 23 slow miles today on a whim.  

Got my 1000 miles for the year today.

Boy are my legs sore.

Smile

Bill Wagnon / stl

T2Tool

I was happy to be able to complete my 10 miler today. My legs have felt like concrete since the Flying Monkey and today was the first day I felt deceent again.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Ran 23 slow miles today on a whim.  

Got my 1000 miles for the year today.

Boy are my legs sore.

Smile

That's some whim!  But, congrats! Smile

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I was happy to be able to complete my 10 miler today. My legs have felt like concrete since the Flying Monkey and today was the first day I felt deceent again.

From what I've been able to discern, anyone who runs Monkey should have known what they were getting into, so quitcher whining. Smile  (I've gotta do that someday, then whine to anyone who will listen.)

Nashville Dog Runner

I ran up some good hills last night with friends.  Friends seem to make hills easy.  Also, my training partner ran a 3:16 marathon.  Perfect for someone who is a devoted Christian, I think.

www.nashvilledogrunner.com

Cool Jump Suit

Great!  Anything to make hills more fun and easy.  Is your friends name John?

I ran up some good hills last night with friends.  Friends seem to make hills easy.  Also, my training partner ran a 3:16 marathon.  Perfect for someone who is a devoted Christian, I think.

So bittersweet,
                          This tragedy
                          Won't ask for absolution;
                          This melody,
                          Inside of me,
                          Still searches for solution.
                          A twist of faith,
                          A change of heart
                          Cures my infatuation.
                          A broken heart, 
                          Provides the spark
                          For my determination.

With today's run, doubled my 2011 mileage from 2010! Woot! Not that it was a huge base to double, but still feels like something. Maybe chase down 2,000 next year...maybe.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                            We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
                            runnerclay

Consistently Slow

With today's run, doubled my 2011 mileage from 2010! Woot! Not that it was a huge base to double, but still feels like something. Maybe chase down 2,000 next year...maybe.

Congrats.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Luvtorun49

I am very excited as yesterday I decided to not worry about time and just run and enjoy every minute of it.   I broke a new goal for myself and ran 6.23 miles my longest yet.  It took an hour but when I finished I was refreshed!  My breathing was easy and other than my feet & legs starting to give the rest of me felt GREAT!