Won the local winter grand prix series (Read 736 times)

Monomoy

I set a goal to win my age division for the local winter grand prix race series held each winter.  We have a very competative local group of about 200 runners, and we beat each other up in the winter grand prix race series.  7 races, and you can drop your 2 worst finishes.

On Sunday I was 3rd overall,and first in my age group to clinch my age group.  It was a very cold and snowy day for the race, and a great way to finish the series.  Now I'm going to focus on training for the Boston Marathon in April.  I've never run a marathon, but have a number through a club waiver.

Hopefully my knees will hold out.....

Congrats, and good luck on your marathon!

There's no series around here; it would be interesting if there were.

Well at least someone here is making relevance to the subject.

Race Less Train More

I set a goal to win my age division for the local winter grand prix race series held each winter.  We have a very competative local group of about 200 runners, and we beat each other up in the winter grand prix race series.  7 races, and you can drop your 2 worst finishes.

On Sunday I was 3rd overall,and first in my age group to clinch my age group.  It was a very cold and snowy day for the race, and a great way to finish the series.  Now I'm going to focus on training for the Boston Marathon in April.  I've never run a marathon, but have a number through a club waiver.

Hopefully my knees will hold out.....

Congrats.

Run until the trail runs out.

2013***1500 miles

50 miler

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

ultramarathon/triathlete

way to go!  nice work :-)

HTFU?  Why not!

Coach: Empire Tri Club 

Speed Coach: Brooklyn Tri Club

Congratulations! Keep going!

Display that trophy proudly in the front window!

--JimmyCool

log   prs      Crusted Salt comic #143

Monomoy

Thanks All!

Good luck with all your goals!

SM