My first ever half marathon! (Read 569 times)

freckles

Hey check out the route for my first ever half marathon on Sunday! What do you think? http://www.bbc.co.uk/tyne/content/articles/2006/11/23/gnr_route_2007_video_feature.shtml Looks kind of boring actually but I'm sure I'll be too busy with the pain to notice! Will let you know how it goes!

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You're gonna love it! The HM is such a nice distance. Even if I someday manage to complete a marathon I really think I'm going to prefer HMs. Kick some butt on Sunday! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Along for the Ride

You go "long distance clara"! Cool You have trained well - have a good race!

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Hope you have a great race! May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. Smile

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Another Passion

Good luck! Have an awesome first HM race! Wink

Rick
            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

hey freckles - have a great time on sunday. remember, if you are feeling bad at any point, that you are taking part in the biggest half marathon in the world. from everything i've heard about it the atmosphere is supposed to be truly amazing. predictions for sunday are over 38,000 finishers. couldn't be more different to the one i've got planned for 2 weeks time - about 170 people took part in masterton half marathon last year!
                Good luck and have fun! Smile when you cross the finish line! Smile

Michelle