5 Year Runnerversary (Read 593 times)

It is my 5 year runnerversary; and I feel like I am just getting started. 

(it is also my 5 year anniversary of quitting smoking, but this isn't about that)

It took me 3 years to figure out how to not get injured...I had to slow down, and run more.

But oops, I slowed down too much!  Now I need to add the "sometimes hard" part back into my running.

I ran my first marathon on an 8 month base of 7 mpw average (22 mpw average peak!)-it was very slow, easy and a blast-it was one of the best days of my life.

I ran my second marathon on an 8 month base of 17 mpw average (24 mpw average peak)-I was injured and it was miserable.  For both of those marathons my running log was sparse, and had only 2 colors, yellow (long) and green (easy).  Yellow was always bigger than green.

I currently have almost a year base of 30 mpw (and I love my graphs!).  I hope to peak around 45 MPW and enjoy my next marathon in Nov.  Will I crush my PR?  Probably not.  Will I have a blast trying?  You bet your ass.

I love running more now than ever...but I will probably say that next runnerversary too.

a.wesolowski

Wooooo!!!! Congrats! That is definitely something to be excited about!

In one month it'll be 3 years for me

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah!  Congrats on that milestone!  Here's to 50 more! Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Get Lost :)

It is my 5 year runnerversary; and I feel like I am just getting started. 

(it is also my 5 year anniversary of quitting smoking, but this isn't about that)

I love running more now than ever...but I will probably say that next runnerversary too.

You sound like my kinda runner. Congratulations on five years! About 80 years ago, conventional wisdom would have said that the running (finite heartbeats) combined with quitting (smoking opens your lungs) was shortening your lifespan. I guess we know a little better now, so think of all the years you've put on your life. Keep on enjoying the running!

Thanks all!  And, I almost forgot, though I try to donate more than once a year, the Runnerversary is a reminder to donate to RA again!!!!
            runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Will I crush my PR?  Probably not.  Will I have a blast trying?  You bet your ass.

The McMillian calculator says will. Looking at your log I think you PR  easily if there is such a thing as easy and marathon.Congrats on the 5!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/