Look What My Fiancee Can Do! (Read 2192 times)

Inspirational! It is really nice to hear that you have such an influence on your fiancee and that she has made so much progress. Before you know it, she'll be running right along side of you during a marathon.

Michelle

This was so nice to read. I just started from the beginning of the thread. Not only am I thrilled with the story of your honey (fiancee still??) and her progress, which I think from my neck of the woods is ultra-inspiring, but as usual, the humor put a big smile on my face too! Please give Kelly big "kudos" from us. I'm so happy that she's accomplished so much. She's gotta be on cloud 9!! GREAT JOB!!!

Now that was a bath...

How's your body holding up? I know you're running again - how's it going?
        Jake - I was doing really well, you know the story, back on the streets, smashing a few PR's, running my way back to injury. I had some rather shocking news last week that caused me to fall over, get up, run stupidly hard and flared up the legs a little. Back to alternate days and slow running until I am sure that this isn't shin splints. I am hanging in there though. It's the norm for me to be managing an injury so I cope remarkedly well and diplomatically with the situation now. I feel like I have been running forever and it's only six months since I started (with only three months actual running!). I am sure that I was a runner in my last life and probably the one before that too. I know I am not the chalice and a direct descendent of Jesus though because he wasn't known for his running related injuries. Phew, glad I ruled that one out. Claire xxx
      • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
      • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
        JakeKnight

I feel like I have been running forever and it's only six months since I started (with only three months actual running!). I am sure that I was a runner in my last life and probably the one before that too. I know I am not the chalice and a direct descendent of Jesus though because he wasn't known for his running related injuries. Phew, glad I ruled that one out. Claire xxx
          Jesus only ran in orthopedic sandals. Plus, running on water is very low impact. So he had an advantage in the avoiding injury department. So have you been having delusions about being related to divine beings for long? Here, lay down on this couch. Tell me about your mother. ............. You're getting in some good mileage - how are you feeling?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------

Now that was a bath...

My mileage is not interesting to talk about yet. Yours however has been tickling my fancy. I've been perusing your log and reading your notes in the most stalkerish of fashions. I'm very impressed Mr JK and have been taking lots of notes for what to do in the future. I was waiting for you to come out of hiding to congratulate you on your progress. The most impressive thing hasn't just been the improvement in your mileage or the improvement in your pace - but the fact that you are often finding that pace 'easy'. Well done! Funny you should mention counselling because I was there this last week (for my daughter who is causing us some worries at the moment). When we arrived the counsellor turned out to be my next door neighbor. So now she knows all the nitty gritty details of my family life, which is <sarcasm> 'nice'</sarcasm> as she can see me washing up in my tiger print dressing gown in the evenings. That reminds me, must change the red light bulb in the kitchen. Now prostitution is legal here I might attract attention in that attire. Counsellors on the whole are very nice though and make good neighbors. We thought that she was an Air Hostess as she has a nice collection of scarves which she ties around her neck. But I digress. Clearly I need that counselling session. Cool Claire xxx
            JakeKnight

My mileage is not interesting to talk about yet. Yours however has been tickling my fancy. I've been perusing your log and reading your notes in the most stalkerish of fashions. I'm very impressed Mr JK and have been taking lots of notes for what to do in the future. I was waiting for you to come out of hiding to congratulate you on your progress. The most impressive thing hasn't just been the improvement in your mileage or the improvement in your pace - but the fact that you are often finding that pace 'easy'. Well done! Funny you should mention counselling because I was there this last week (for my daughter who is causing us some worries at the moment). When we arrived the counsellor turned out to be my next door neighbor. So now she knows all the nitty gritty details of my family life, which is as she can see me washing up in my tiger print dressing gown in the evenings. That reminds me, must change the red light bulb in the kitchen. Now prostitution is legal here I might attract attention in that attire. Counsellors on the whole are very nice though and make good neighbors. We thought that she was an Air Hostess as she has a nice collection of scarves which she ties around her neck. But I digress. Clearly I need that counselling session. Cool Claire xxx
              Uh, people actually read the notes in our logs? Uh oh. Time to start self-censoring. Tight lipped (I've been sitting here desperately trying to remember if I said anything truly awful ... other than the occasional profanity, I don't think I was too inappropriate. If so - oops.) You stalker. Should I be flattered or frightened? Well, you're in New Zealand, so I guess I'm safe. I'll print out your picture and show it to my dogs, just in case. They're ready for you. Watch your ankles. As for the rest of the above ... well, since I'm self-censoring, I'll skip the obvious comments and just chuckle quietly to myself. I *cannot* believe you went to a counselor and it turned out to be your neighbor. I would have run away screaming. Are you going back? If you are .... consider confessing to a secret desire to kill all your neighbors, and put them in a big bowl of soup. That'd be funny.

Now that was a bath...

If I were you I would probably be frightened. I used to have the hobby of studying serial killers. I used to visit the houses where they committed crimes (and I don't mean ones open to the public), photograph them and interview the neigbors. I got so interested in the subject that I started studying criminology at University - but I flunked out with a can of beer in my hand. I can quote verbatim every word of the serial killer Dennis Nilsen's published poetry, which is practically Vogon, but interesting for it's author and subject at least. I've always had a fascination with the macabre. Unfortunately New Zealand doesn't have a single serial killer! Can you believe it? So my hobby is over. Or is it? Claire xxx
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Unfortunately New Zealand doesn't have a single serial killer! Can you believe it? So my hobby is over.
                  See, and WI has at least 2 very notorious serials...Ed Gein and Jeffrey Dahmer. Perhaps really shitty weather is a contributing factor...? Or maybe too much beer, cheese, and bratwurst...hey, you peeps better be nice to me--that's my diet! Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

We had the Green River Killer that they FINALLY caught! Oh and Ted Bundy that drove the streets when I was just a kid.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Now I'm scared - maybe New Zealand wasn't such a good choice after all???
                      JakeKnight

Well this is officially the most disturbing thread high-jack in recent history. Well done! Kooky gets bonus points for the Douglas Adams reference. And for not skinning me alive in my sleep and wearing my skin as a raincoat. I'm now regularly watching CNN International for any unusual news out of New Zealand. I've got my eye on you.

JakeKnight

I just got a peek at my better half's running log after we got back from a slow, drizzly three miles. And it inspired me to dig up this old thread. Oh - and her log is on paper. A notebook. Scribbled in pen. No shiny graphs. Hard to believe, isn't it? Although she's gained some of her weight back and our runs together are a lot slower than they were 6 months ago, she's back at it again. I'm still hoping she'll run a half marathon this year so I can be the dude on the sidelines holding the sign and drinking a beer. It looks fun. None of this is the point. The point is that my "non-running" baby .... racked up a rather impressive 787 miles last year. 787. Not too shabby. Just thought I'd brag. I was impressed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm still hoping she'll run a half marathon this year so I can be the dude on the sidelines holding the sign and drinking a beer. It looks fun.
                            Kinda like this? Though he's not yet at the point of quoffing a brew while on the sidelines.... She should do a half. That kid with the sign was at a half. His mom had an awesome PR at that race.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

None of this is the point. The point is that my "non-running" baby .... racked up a rather impressive 787 miles last year. 787. Not too shabby. Just thought I'd brag. I was impressed.
                              I think she did more than me! Blush I think I was only slightly over 750. Way to go JK's fancy! Big grin Modified to add: I'm a boob too though, so I like the shiny graphs! Zoomie... you're son is so adorable!

Rick
                              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                              runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Now that was a bath...

Well what do you know - Mrs JK rocks! Can she send me some running dust? My man clocked up a massive 'nothing' last year. Although he did threaten to get a bike. Claire xxx