Spam Messages (Read 641 times)

HermosaBoy

Eric,

I seem to have gotten a spam message in my in box.  Same old type of thing that one would get in an email account spam letter.  Just thought I would throw it out here in case it becomes more prevalent...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Julia1971

I got one, too.  I was debating whether to report it or not, so +1.  Now, I'm sad because it means someone didn't fall in love with me based on my running log.  Sad

rackybenson@yahoo.in was the sender of my spam PM.

Although I have to say that a chick with the nickname "Racky" does hold some intrigue ...

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

an amazing likeness

rackybenson@yahoo.in was the sender of my spam PM.

Although I have to say that a chick with the nickname "Racky" does hold some intrigue ...

Oh, no way....my Racky is cheatin' on me with you!  It's a sad, sad day when you learn your spam romance is over.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Kalsarikännit

I'm crushed.  I received not one but two PM's from Racky.  

"please I will like to know you more better"

"so I am waiting impatiently to hear from you soonest"

Finally!  A man who's grammatical skills match my own!  But, alas, just another man who's intentions are not pure.  I believe I will go for a run to see if that helps ease a broken heart.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

A Saucy Wench

back OFF!  Racky is MINE.  Clearly we have a connection

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

xhristopher

Yeah, but did any of you get two messages from racky? I did. That's how much my log impressed good ol racky.
                eric :)

Hi everyone,

The spammer sent out several dozen private messages last night.  I looked into the account and the messages and it seems he did it manually.  If it's not automated, there isn't much I can do about it.  I did ban him by IP which should stop him briefly.

eric Smile

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Oh!  Do I feel neglected Cry

steph  

Imminent Catastrophe

Another disappointed suitor here!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

So I don't really have a date tonight? Mine was a woman, a couple of months back
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh!  Do I feel neglected Cry

Me, too. Sad

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

Yeah, but did any of you get two messages from racky? I did. That's how much my log impressed good ol racky.

Of course.  Because I am impressiver

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

mikeymike

I haven't gotten any spam that looked like automated spambot stuff but I've gotten a few solicitations that appeared to be the work of individual people who'd looked at my running log or read something I wrote in the forums--nothing good, mostly people offering coaching services or magical age-defying supplements and whatnot.

Easy enough to hit "delete" but if there was a way to to turn off private messaging I'd do it.  There are already enough ways people can get in touch with me.

Runners run

Me, too. Sad

Don't feel bad, we can share my secret admirer, I'm not into chicks